Week 10: Elizabethton (7-1) @ Chuckey-Doak (4-4)

EHSTrack06

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that was the last time I was there too. It's the absolute worse high school venue that I've ever been to. The week after the Clones had to travel to Alcoa for another lesson in playoff football....Ouch!

Yep, would be the end of the line. But you know, I understand that Aloca is a quality program. Many championships and awesome coaching. But I really don't think they have superior athletes. Always remember this," well trained beats talent when talent doesn't train well." People hear Alcoa and are like....well..,that's it." We've lost before the game starts all due to psychological stuff. Alcoa fans say EVERY team is afraid to play them. AFRAID?! Really?! If I was a coach, I'd try and play them every year. Why? Simple....respect all....FEAR NONE! Hey they might beat that team every year but they'd know we were there and we'd hit 'em every play until we couldn't anymore. Just think they prey on others fears. It's high school football.....anything can happen.

Edited by gr8tplay

Yep, would be the end of the line. But you know, I understand that Aloca is a quality program. Many championships and awesome coaching. But I really don't think they have superior athletes. Always remember this," well trained beats talent when talent doesn't train well." People hear Alcoa and are like....well..,that's it." We've lost before the game starts all due to psychological stuff. Alcoa fans say EVERY team is afraid to play them. AFRAID?! Really?! If I was a coach, I'd try and play them every year. Why? Simple....respect all....FEAR NONE! Hey they might beat that team every year but they'd know we were there and we'd hit 'em every play until we couldn't anymore. Just think they prey on others fears. It's high school football.....anything can happen.

Great post.

I'm in full agreement that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

I have not been looking forward to this game for my Knights lol. CD has done a lot to their football field, the visitors have a locker room now and have for 3 or 4 years, the visitors also have a staircase to walk down instead of a muddy hill along with a new concession stand. Yes there is still mud but that is to be expected on a grass field. With that said i think CD not having a bye week is starting to wear on them, not that it would effect the outcome of this game, and also having all those linemen drop like flies last week doesn't help. I think Elizabethon wins 45-14 or so. Just hoping for a good injury free senior night for my nights so we can get ready to play West Greene for the (rather meaningless) county championship since the playoffs seem like a longshot. 

I have not been looking forward to this game for my Knights lol. CD has done a lot to their football field, the visitors have a locker room now and have for 3 or 4 years, the visitors also have a staircase to walk down instead of a muddy hill along with a new concession stand. Yes there is still mud but that is to be expected on a grass field. With that said i think CD not having a bye week is starting to wear on them, not that it would effect the outcome of this game, and also having all those linemen drop like flies last week doesn't help. I think Elizabethon wins 45-14 or so. Just hoping for a good injury free senior night for my nights so we can get ready to play West Greene for the (rather meaningless) county championship since the playoffs seem like a longshot. 

No Bye week? That stinks. But that's great to hear about the field improvements!

Yes that was the last time I was there too. It's the absolute worse high school venue that I've ever been to. The week after the Clones had to travel to Alcoa for another lesson in playoff football....Ouch!

Elizabethton actually played Chuckey Doak the first round and then played Austin East and Gatlinburg Pittman in the playoffs before playing Alcoa in sub-state