Science Hill @ Bearden (Battle for #2)

BeardenBulldog65

Of course Carter won't advocate looking ahead, he won't even mention the letters "D" and "B", but I guarantee you the players know who is coming up next week.       Especially since Jeff Co. is considered a cream puff, not the same as Volunteer and Central, but an easy win nonetheless.       That is why JC has a chance to catch SH off-guard.

Sorry, wrong thread, DB is the one playing JC this week....      Replace "Jefferson County" above with "Bearden" but delete the part about the cream puff.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we can keep it close for a half... :thumb:

DB took SH to the woodshed for 20-something straight years.    Not until 2013 did the Toppers finally win.     Last year SH won twice, and the last game was a blowout 41-6.     You can be assured that the SH coaches are taking Bearden seriously but the players are looking forward to whoopin up on DB again.     There is a lot of hype around the annual SH/DB game, especially now that SH has started winning.    This is your chance to catch SH looking ahead.....

From Sonny Moore’s Computer:

DB by 2.5

SH by 13

Sull. E. by 10

Sull. S. by 16

Boone by 15 <<<<<

TH by 8

DB took a hit in the rankings this week…

DB 121.57 +2 (Home) – SH 134.69 = DB +11.12

Top Ten in State…

1 BRENTWOOD ACADEMY                   A2     159.03

2 MARYVILLE                           6A     156.04

3 OAKLAND                             6A     148.48

4 FULTON                              4A     144.18

5 BLACKMAN                            6A     143.59

6 (MBA)                                  A2     143.00

7 ALCOA                               3A     141.10

8 BAYLOR                              A2     139.62

9 OOLTEWAH                            5A     139.09

10 INDEPENDENCE                        5A     137.48

I have been following on Coach T for only a couple years now but I have yet to see a SH topic that does not somehow always turn its focus to DB and it is usually not the SH faithful that bring the subject of DB up.   So as SH has 100% of its focus on a very good Bearden team which stands in the way of locking down the #2 seed in the region I promise you not one single player has mentioned or is thinking about DB this week.   

Sure the kids want to win every game on their schedule but this group of seniors has a chip on their shoulders and are focused on each game and each opponent as if they are ranked #1 in the state and SH is the clear underdog.   This team has been overlooked and underestimated since hearing from many that last year's team was the best in SH history and their senior year would be a bust because they would no longer be facing the "cupcakes of upper east TN".  Many predicted at best a 500 record for this group and a down year for SH.

Bearden is a team on a roll and very capable of beating anyone in the conference except one (which every other team has proven so far) and the SH players have framed this game as the most important on the schedule and by the way it is "the game".   Win this and then they can focus on game with DB that has zero playoff implications and will be simply a game for local bragging rights.  However the kids at SH want much more than a victory over DB.  Their stated goal is to go deep enough in the playoffs to have another shot at Maryville before they hang up their high school helmets forever.   Bearden stands in the way of that goal and DB does not so to say they are thinking about DB is only an attempt to make the DB game important which at this stage of the season it is not. 

As a buddy once said, "We're all DB fans deep down", so I guess that explains your DB theory on the SH thread.        SH has definitely over-achieved the estimates for this year and would love to see them go against Maryville again.

I guess I haven't acquired that taste yet...  I have never understood what seems to be a deep hatred between SH and DB but then I didn't move here until long after my high school and college playing days ended.

Yes SH has either over achieved or was under appreciated...in any case 7-1 is a good start but 8-1 is the immediate goal.

I have been following on Coach T for only a couple years now but I have yet to see a SH topic that does not somehow always turn its focus to DB and it is usually not the SH faithful that bring the subject of DB up. So as SH has 100% of its focus on a very good Bearden team which stands in the way of locking down the #2 seed in the region I promise you not one single player has mentioned or is thinking about DB this week.

Sure the kids want to win every game on their schedule but this group of seniors has a chip on their shoulders and are focused on each game and each opponent as if they are ranked #1 in the state and SH is the clear underdog. This team has been overlooked and underestimated since hearing from many that last year's team was the best in SH history and their senior year would be a bust because they would no longer be facing the "cupcakes of upper east TN". Many predicted at best a 500 record for this group and a down year for SH.

Bearden is a team on a roll and very capable of beating anyone in the conference except one (which every other team has proven so far) and the SH players have framed this game as the most important on the schedule and by the way it is "the game". Win this and then they can focus on game with DB that has zero playoff implications and will be simply a game for local bragging rights. However the kids at SH want much more than a victory over DB. Their stated goal is to go deep enough in the playoffs to have another shot at Maryville before they hang up their high school helmets forever. Bearden stands in the way of that goal and DB does not so to say they are thinking about DB is only an attempt to make the DB game important which at this stage of the season it is not.

Odd thing is that it's not DB fans hijacking the thread. I think they've said, "Uncle."