Next Giles County Coach?

rocketsrule

It just seems like many of the Giles and Marshall faithful are ok with their coaches bending and breaking the rules as long as they win! Not necessarily you but many on this board feel that way. Maybe I am just really old but I feel like high school sports should be more about what you learn and if you are learning that the most important thing is to win by all means necessary then that is not good. Hopefully high school football is not the best times of these kids lives and if it is it is a sad story for the rest of their lives. It is shameful to see parents living through their kids like many in this board. It is shameful for coaches to use kids for their gain and risk the reputation of entire communities! OC has proven that is what he is all about. Osteen is proving to be the same! Great coaches but poor role models

Smh. I don't recall Osteen or OC ever going on the field pumping a double bird! My son has played for both men and experience nothing but the will to have drive and hard-work. Just sayin. Didn'tt that come up in an earlier post?

What did Coach Osteen do that was wrong? Bo's little brother wanted to come play for him. Was he supposed to say no you go to Giles County. I would have said come play for me and you would to. Is any coach going to tell a kid they can't come play for them?

Exactly, The deal with OC was a set up from the get go.

tell that to Cumberland county. That was their M.O. and look how that turned out for them against us. I think it was 54 to 7. You just keep sticking your foot in your mouth. This ain't old school football anymore. They have invented this thing called the forward pass. Forrest should try it sometime and they may make it out of the second round.

That's a funny thing to say considering Marahall appeared to have the most success offensively when they could run the ball and throw the ball short. I'll tell ya what, tell your top dogs to schedule Union City, Trezevant, Marion County, Boys Buchannan, Tyner, Alcoa, Oakland, etc. and let's see how that works out for ya. Cumberland County, lol, they wouldn't have even made the playoffs in most regions.

That's a funny thing to say considering Marahall appeared to have the most success offensively when they could run the ball and throw the ball short. I'll tell ya what, tell your top dogs to schedule Union City, Trezevant, Marion County, Boys Buchannan, Tyner, Alcoa, Oakland, etc. and let's see how that works out for ya. Cumberland County, lol, they wouldn't have even made the playoffs in most regions.

I believe you meant Boyd Buchanan not "Boys"

What did Coach Osteen do that was wrong? Bo's little brother wanted to come play for him. Was he supposed to say no you go to Giles County. I would have said come play for me and you would to. Is any coach going to tell a kid they can't come play for them?

Not talking bout the Wallace kid although that was obviously wrong as well or they wouldn't have gotten slapped on the wrist. Everyone knows you can't give the kid a ride. If parents want him there so bad then they provide the transportation. But I was referring to the things going on now.

Smh. I don't recall Osteen or OC ever going on the field pumping a double bird! My son has played for both men and experience nothing but the will to have drive and hard-work. Just sayin. Didn'tt that come up in an earlier post?

I bet.. Including practicing year round in the indoor facility, losing all summer 7-7's, and calling players from Marshall County to talk about coming to Giles. And to think all you son experienced was "hard work"! Bout as blind as blind can be. That's like being Muslim and saying the Jihadist just want to express their faith. How bout being a leader instead of a blind follower!!

And I have said many times that he was wrong for doing that. But a momentary lapse of judgement doesn't compare to constant breaking of the rules like the 2 we have been discussing.

well they would've in regions 1,3, and 4. But I get your point, not a good team to compare. You did say a good running, grind the clock team

I bet.. Including practicing year round in the indoor facility, losing all summer 7-7's, and calling players from Marshall County to talk about coming to Giles. And to think all you son experienced was "hard work"! Bout as blind as blind can be. That's like being Muslim and saying the Jihadist just want to express their faith. How bout being a leader instead of a blind follower!!

i can tell you for a fact there wasn't any year round practice in the indoor facility. Speed school yes but never a year round team practice. Second according to an earlier post, the kid was in the room with the MC coach when the text was sent out to OC. Everybody knows MC wanted OC on a platter back then. Spells set up.

i can tell you for a fact there wasn't any year round practice in the indoor facility. Speed school yes but never a year round team practice. Second according to an earlier post, the kid was in the room with the MC coach when the text was sent out to OC. Everybody knows MC wanted OC on a platter back then. Spells set up.

I can testify the speed school deal is true. My son was a 5th grader at the time and he went.