Next Giles County Coach?

rocketsrule

Just spoke to a player at Marshall county and nobody from Giles has transfered. This ain't no Jim Jones camp. We ain't drinking your koolaid. Keep on hating.

Your player obviously isn't informed. According to a Giles insider there is one that's already out the door......at least for next fall anyway. I wonder how many slaps on the wrist the Marshall staff has in them?

Why would Columbia and Shelbyville sign up for a loss. Last few times we played Columbia it wasn't even close. We haven't played Lincoln county in God knows when. As far as chapel hill goes they have the same opportunity that Marshall has being they are in the same county and it's open zone. Those folks on the north end of the county believe they are better than everybody on a personal level and that's just a fact.

Same opportunity? Please explain how Marshall Co. can accept any transfer they want, yet your glorious dictator of a superintendent has denied every out of county transfer that has attempted to go to Forrest the last two years? That doesn't seem like equal opportunity in my opinion.

Same opportunity? Please explain how Marshall Co. can accept any transfer they want, yet your glorious dictator of a superintendent has denied every out of county transfer that has attempted to go to Forrest the last two years? That doesn't seem like equal opportunity in my opinion.

So you are saying if a kid moves to Marshall county that the superintendent has the right to tell them they can't go to forest in an open zoned county...seems legit!

I am not familiar with the situation you speak of but a kid does not have to move if the school they are transferring to is open zone and they follow the TSSAA rules regarding transfers.

Which is no different in private schools like CPA, BGA, Columbia Academy, etc going outside their allotted TSSAA zones to get their kids. Which is why they should be lumped in with the privates!

Yes I really liked the post you made and boowho has been one of those haters, yelling about kids transferring in to Marshall County and calling our coach a crook when he is one of the most respected around, if he doesn't think so he should just ask those that have a clue from Giles County. I think you was spot on in that post BPM, kids want to come be part of something good and winning. If they do it by the book according to T$$AA and their parents are willing to sacrifice moving them then I see no problem with it.

Once you get outside of Lewisburg he is just seen as a good coach that cheats. Just like they did at Giles which is why some of those nutty fans liked him. The respectable ones like WOMG hated what that clan did to the reputation of Giles County

Which is no different in private schools like CPA, BGA, Columbia Academy, etc going outside their allotted TSSAA zones to get their kids. Which is why they should be lumped in with the privates!

There is a big difference between all 3 of those type institutions. Div 1 open zones can have players transfer as long as they follow TSSAA rules and pay little or no tuition. For example Alcoa is $600 and Milan is $500.

Div 1 private schools such as CPA and Columbia Academy (BGA is Div 2) can have students transfer and play as long as they follow TSSAA rules but they get no aid and pay tuition upwards of $10,000 or more a year.

Div 2 schools can recruit and offer financial aid to athletes allowing them to recruit the best athletes. So you see that by the book there is a big difference between the 3.

There is a big difference between all 3 of those type institutions. Div 1 open zones can have players transfer as long as they follow TSSAA rules and pay little or no tuition. For example Alcoa is $600 and Milan is $500.

Div 1 private schools such as CPA and Columbia Academy (BGA is Div 2) can have students transfer and play as long as they follow TSSAA rules but they get no aid and pay tuition upwards of $10,000 or more a year.

Div 2 schools can recruit and offer financial aid to athletes allowing them to recruit the best athletes. So you see that by the book there is a big difference between the 3.

So in you own words it is cheaper for the open zone public schools to recruit than it is for schools like BGA, CPA

For private schools like CPA that do not offer tuition assistance for athletes, the athlete must live within a 25 mile radius of the school. This was told to me by someone that explored sending their son there to play. This allows CPA and schools like them to compete in the same division as the public schools. So what you have is enough parents that can afford the $16,000 + a year tuition, and live within the school zone, that send their kid there. They play for a winning team, get a better education, and top notch coaches. It is completely fair and above board, and those schools are closely watched by TSSAA to make sure they comply with the requirements. Most of those kids will not play at the next level, so it's not like they are loaded with superstars. They are however, very well coached, and that is the main reason they win so many games.

Edit,

I think 20 miles is correct for the radius.

Edited by LCgrad

So you are saying if a kid moves to Marshall county that the superintendent has the right to tell them they can't go to forest in an open zoned county...seems legit!

Not move......apparently Marshall Co. is the only school allowed to accept out of county kids (like your QB). Trust me, it's legit, feel free to call the county's other two administrators to confirm.