South Gibson at Milan

cofo

That's one the hornets could actually win. But back in the day when Pete Evans was running the show nobody could touch the Milan band. That was before there was a South Gibson.

I do know that the SGC band is coming off its first time beating GC, finishing 11th of 32 at Bandmasters.

You say actually like SGC topping Milan is a surprise, outside of FB I would safely say we have the more wins

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know that the SGC band is coming off its first time beating GC, finishing 11th of 32 at Bandmasters.

You say actually like SGC topping Milan is a surprise, outside of FB I would safely say we have the more wins

No. Definitely not a suprise you beating our band. They are very mediocre now. In the 90's they were dominant. Consistently 125-150 on the field. No where close to that know.

If you are talking about more wins head to head in sports other than football, I know you don't in baseball, basketball, and golf.......maybe tennis and softball

If you are talking about more wins head to head in sports other than football, I know you don't in baseball, basketball, and golf.......maybe tennis and softball

Over the past couple of years yes, you can't really count the first two-three years because of the whole new school aspect. A program and department with the history of Milan would topple new programs a couple of years old. Baseball is 3-2 vs Milan with eliminating Milan in Milan last year. Basketball (b&g) sweep of Milan last season. Softball 2-1 vs Milan, including a playoff win leading to the girls state tournament run. And soccer is 5-1 all tike against Milan allowing 2 goals from the run of play in the 5 games.

Over the past couple of years yes, you can't really count the first two-three years because of the whole new school aspect. A program and department with the history of Milan would topple new programs a couple of years old. Baseball is 3-2 vs Milan with eliminating Milan in Milan last year. Basketball (b&g) sweep of Milan last season. Softball 2-1 vs Milan, including a playoff win leading to the girls state tournament run. And soccer is 5-1 all tike against Milan allowing 2 goals from the run of play in the 5 games.

WHO CARES!!!!!! lets talk about mumblepeg and horse shoes next!

It's not like you had a brand new school out in the boonies where nobody knew what sports were. You had a pretty good feeder program going. Like Humbolt, Milan, and Medina Middle schools. You can talk about basket ball next week, that is for sure, as of right now and next week Milan will be talking FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

I am by no means knocking SGC.  You guys have top notch facilities and sports programs but I don't think you can just look at 1 year and say you have more wins.  Yes your a relatively new school, you have very nice facilities and administrators that want to win as well.  But when you say you cant count the first couple of years I think that's hogwash because every kid there has played their particular sport for several, several years.  It's not like they just started playing that sport yesterday.  Last year SGC swept basketball but before that...1 win.  Milan is a football town and basketball takes a backseat to fball.  Last year in baseball SGC took 2 of 3 but before that 1 win.  The future for SGC is only going to get better in all of their sports.  Milan on the other hand not so much.  It will probably get to the point in the near future that when Milan wins a game against you guys in any sport it will be considered an upset.

WHO CARES!!!!!! lets talk about mumblepeg and horse shoes next!

It's not like you had a brand new school out in the boonies where nobody knew what sports were. You had a pretty good feeder program going. Like Humbolt, Milan, and Medina Middle schools. You can talk about basket ball next week, that is for sure, as of right now and next week Milan will be talking FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

You're right, SGC will line up in Milan Friday night and leave it all on the field for one last time and hope for the best

BPM and I have always talked our schools bands. Even if it isn't the pinnacle of interest for most people doesn't mean you can knock it and critizce the work put into it.

Definitely don't want to offend all the band folks out there. But, I just got caught off guard with the interest in every other sport and activity all of the sudden!!!

I am by no means knocking SGC.  You guys have top notch facilities and sports programs but I don't think you can just look at 1 year and say you have more wins.  Yes your a relatively new school, you have very nice facilities and administrators that want to win as well.  But when you say you cant count the first couple of years I think that's hogwash because every kid there has played their particular sport for several, several years.  It's not like they just started playing that sport yesterday.  Last year SGC swept basketball but before that...1 win.  Milan is a football town and basketball takes a backseat to fball.  Last year in baseball SGC took 2 of 3 but before that 1 win.  The future for SGC is only going to get better in all of their sports.  Milan on the other hand not so much.  It will probably get to the point in the near future that when Milan wins a game against you guys in any sport it will be considered an upset.

WOAH SLOW DOWN.....I have heard that Milan has talent coming in that is going to be like 2008-2012 caliber kids. I wouldnt count them out just yet!