Macon @ Portland

geo1126

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland will have to bring their A game to win. Playing at home is a huge benefit for the boys in purple. This game should be close and I think it could go either way. Macon's QB is a one man wrecking crew and Portland will have to limit him to have any chance. The playoffs start one week early for these two teams.

I feel like even if portland bring there A game and Macon bring there b game Macon will win.

Another great game to watch.  Two evenly matched teams, lots of offense, nice drives. Congrats to the Panthers on the win, your ground game was great mixed with some timely passes got you the points you needed to get the win.  The two turnovers really hurt Macon and probably cost the Tigers the game. The turnover in the 3rd quarter when it looked as Macon would score was a killer, but the big one, is of course, was the one at the end of the 1st half that gave PHS the lead when the score was MC 13-12. But it's the series of events that led up to that turnover that is grounds for a ride in the rubber truck. :wacko: The coaches will have to live with the insane decision to throw a deep ball with only 9 seconds left on your own 30 yard line and getting intercepted for a TD :o , instead of the more wise and conventional call of taking a knee and then the lead into the locker room at the half. :angry: Instead it's a PHS 18-13 lead at the half.  I just don't get it. :huh:

Great ball game. Our kids finally played all 4 quarters. Slipped up a bit with the personal fouls, but other than those penalty s, they played mostly mistake free. The only qb we faced this year that was equal or better than MC's qb #15 was Pearl's. That kid is going to be a stud. Course Im on the sidelines taking photos, and I like seeing both teams, playing so hard and then picking each other up. Thats the way you are suppose to play any sport. I was glad I got to see an old bud on the MC coaching staff after the game as well. We did have a few key plays. The int at half that we scored on. The sack my son had (#27), the subsequent punt that was returned for the td by our little #23, who can flat out move. Then the late run back to the one yard line that was punched in with 3 sec left. But, take those plays out of it, they were two evenly matched teams. Win lose or draw, it was one of the better games and even competition that we played all year. Good bunch of kids on MC as well.  They will be very solid next year. Look forward to watching their qb's success. My son graduates this year, but that #15 has a bright future.