AA preview

dmm88

What AA teams should we look out for??? I know everyone says Westview and Jackson South Side are probably head and shoulders the best two in West TN. Dyersburg should not be overlooked. Also look out for Milan. Very young team returning but talent is there. I would like to hear about other AA teams in the state as well

Look for Elizabethton to be back, and hungry, after being put out last year.

Upperman will be the head of the pack in the always tough 8-AA (Levy for MVP maybe?), but Livingston will be right there, Cannon still has sharpshooter Davis and a pretty good post in King, but will they be enough? And how will Dodgen's departure affect this season?

McMinn Central will still have breakout star Jacobi Lynn. Could very well see them back.

Westview still has their star point I'm assuming? She's a tough one.

That's all I've got. Been a bit out of the loop...

Look for Elizabethton to be back, and hungry, after being put out last year.

Upperman will be the head of the pack in the always tough 8-AA (Levy for MVP maybe?), but Livingston will be right there, Cannon still has sharpshooter Davis and a pretty good post in King, but will they be enough? And how will Dodgen's departure affect this season?

McMinn Central will still have breakout star Jacobi Lynn. Could very well see them back.

Westview still has their star point I'm assuming? She's a tough one.

That's all I've got. Been a bit out of the loop...

Yes. Westview's star point guard is only a sophomore this year. Westview only lost two players from last year's team and gained some that were 8th graders last year. They have two post players that are over 6' that are going to be tough....one being a sophomore this year that is getting serious college looks and the other is just a freshman this year and has great potential. Add them in with the star point guard and then other solid guard and post play, and they are going to be tough. Look for them to be in Mboro in March

Edited by sportslover88

• 1 month later...

Elizabethton destroyed Greeneville the other night who was supposed to have one of their better teams. They have last year's Mrs Basketball back this year along with her twin sister. Only losing 2 players from last year's team, I see no one stopping them from getting back to the Boro this year. Maybe they will get their flu shot this year.

Westview is still the best team in AA in West TN, but South Side has regressed some. Also, want to put Lexington in as a team to look out for. Excellent coach in Bianca Thomas, and two very good shooters in Brilee Bromley and Katlin Kelley. Look out for them when tourney time comes.