Mount Pleasant @ Moore Co.

Big Bigby

MC is (4-3) Region and (5-4) Overall.

mTp is (5-2) Region and (6-3) Overall.

With a win in this contest, mTp will lock in 3rd seed in the Region (6-2) Region and (7-3) Overall; knocking MC out of the playoffs leaving them (4-4) Region and (5-5) Overall.

Because....

Huntland will most likely lose to #1 seed Columbia Academy this upcoming Friday night and finish the season (5-3) Region and (6-4) Overall.

If mTp loses to Moore County?... mTp winds up (5-3) Region and (6-4) Overall in a 3 way Tie with Moore County and Huntland for 3rd and 4th seed.

mTp beat Huntland but will have lost to Moore Co....

And Moore Co. has lost to Huntland.

A twist I simply do not want to take the time to write out.

So have at it if you feel froggy to explain.....

I think if mTp prepares well for MC as Huntland did, then the Tigers can defensively stop the Raiders. And if the Tigers executes and blocks well, has enough offense to win the game.

But Moore County matches up well with mTp I fear, and this will not be an easy contest for mTp... The Tigers play well one week, and then not so another. The Tigers struggled against a very determined Summertown beating them by only 8 points while Moore County handed the Eagles a decisive loss 47-6.

Make no mistake Tiger fans, this is not going to be an easy win and the Tigers are going to more than likely struggle putting points on the board against a stingy Raider defense that has held Fayetteville and Huntland both to 14 points each.....

mTp has got to focus, study, prepare and practice well for this game, and play it harder than they have the recent weeks, to come out where they want to be in 3rd seed of Region 4....

Don't think for once Moore Co. is not coming to play harder than they've had too all year to save their season too....

They Will....

This is it Tigers. Last chance to make a statement in Regional play... Let's see a game well played!

You boys can do this!

GOOOO TIGERRRS!!!!

Edited by Big Bigby

I feel a little bit froggy Big Bigby  - so, here goes:

If mTp wins this game they get the 3 seed and Huntland gets the 4 seed. Moore County will be eliminated.

If Moore County wins this game AND Huntland loses to Columbia Academy there will be a 3 way tie. Moore County wins the 3 way tiebreaker and gets the 3 seed and mTp gets the 4 seed (head to head over Huntland).  Huntland will be eliminated.

The only way mTp doesn't make the playoffs is lose this game AND Huntland beats Columbia Academy which will give Huntland the 3 seed and Moore County the 4 seed.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. The 4 seed will head to SP in the first round as I expect the Pirates to take care of business Friday night.

Would it surprise you I am still up right now for hours crunching the numbers *IF* mTp loses to Moore Co....lol.

But Huntland beat Moore County...

It would literally be a 3 way tie all the way down to rule #4 of General regulations under section E....

"4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories."

Meaning Wayne County would be mTp's saving game in that mTp played a team with the most victories. Placing mTp in 3rd breaking that 3 way tie first there on that fact. Then a 2 way tie exist between Huntland and MC for 4th.

This has been tough figuring out and almost would take a full page on the T writing to explain it.

Short version, it's a dog chasing his tail 3 way tie at the end if mTp loses. One then has to go to regulations under section E; of which the score totals and win loss +/- 50% totals still tie because they all three lost to teams over +50%.... which covers rules 1-3 until you get to 4 which the only opposing team on the schedule with the most wins is Wayne Co. giving mTp the stronger bracket/schedule. Placing mTp above both MC and Huntland at #3 seed; yet with Huntland beating MC, MC would be out at #5th seed even though IF MC wins this one (MC winning this one will *cause* a 3 way tie, not break it) because MC lost to Huntland. Huntland beating MC places Huntland at #4 seed.

It is late and if it rains fall softball games out tomorrow, I'll then post the numbers of all three's opponents I researched tonight.

mTp can settle this easily by just winning :thumb:

Edited by Big Bigby

Would it surprise you I am still up right now for hours crunching the numbers if mTp loses to Moore Co....lol.

Wouldn't surprise me at all - lol

And it does come down to the 4th tie breaker if it ends in a 3 way tie.

E. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region,shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.)

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. Coin Flip

Moore County played Cascade and Forrest.

Huntland played Forrest and Lookout Valley.

mTp  played  Wayne County and Perry County.

Cascade and Forrest has more combined wins, giving Moore County the 3 way tie breaker over Huntland and mTp. 

All the other games yall played are the same (total wins) as they are all in the region.

In other words, Moore County's opponents have earned the most victories.

But like you said,  just win baby.
  • Upvote 1

Here are the teams totals that all 3 teams have played so far....

#1 Wayne Co.... 369 points scored... 9-0 record...+50%

#2 Forrest.... 357 points scored... 8-1 record...+50%

#3 Cascade... 171 points scored... 3-6 record...-50%

#4 Perry Co... 98 points scored... 0-9 record...-50%

#5 Lookout Valley...62 points... 0-9 record...-50%

mTp played WC & PC

MC played Forrest & Cascade

H-land played Forrest & Lo Valley

All three losing to +50% Forrest and WC and all three beating the -50% teams.

IF it plays out that MC beats mTp causing a 3 way tie, it will be that...

mTp beat Huntland

Huntland beat MC

MC beat mTp

Any way one stacks those, one never gets to a solid 3rd and 4th place.

If you say MC beat mTp so they are 3rd? Well no, because Huntland beat MC so Huntland would be 3rd and MC would be 4th? Um no, because mTp beat Huntland, so mTp would be 3rd, but can't be because MC beat them.... on and on.

A literal tie until I until rule #4.

Wouldn't surprise me at all - lol

And it does come down to the 4th tie breaker if it ends in a 3 way tie.

E. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region,shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.)

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. Coin Flip

Moore County played Cascade and Forrest.

Huntland played Forrest and Lookout Valley.

mTp played Wayne County and Perry County.

Cascade and Forrest has more combined wins, giving Moore County the 3 way tie breaker over Huntland and mTp.

All the other games yall played are the same (total wins) as they are all in the region.

In other words, Moore County's opponents have earned the most victories.

But like you said, just win baby.

:thumb: .... Gotcha. You're right... MC would fall in the stronger bracket as of opponents wins now because their total wins is 12 total between the 2 non Region teams vs. mTp's 2 non Region of 9.

MC would finish 3rd seed and mTp 4th seed... Since the tie breaker at 4th would be mTp beating Huntland earlier this year.

:thumb: Thanks a ton for the conversation this am...lol... I'm glad this is settled in my mind and know how *it might play out*...

Just WIN Tigers!

Edited by Big Bigby

:thumb: .... Gotcha. You're right... MC would fall in the stronger bracket as of opponents wins now because their total wins is 11 total between the 2 non Region teams vs. mTp's 2 non Region of 9.

MC would finish 3rd seed and mTp 4th seed... Since the tie breaker at rth would be mTp beating Huntland earlier this year.

:thumb: Thanks a ton for the conversation this am...lol... I'm glad this is settled in my mind and know how *it might play out*...

Just WIN Tigers!

Good Luck Big Bigby to you and your Tigers

And rule # 4 says the team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

Are you and I on the same page or not? If it's a 3 way tie, Moore County's opponents will have earned the most victories which gives them the 3 seed

You must've been typing this while I was typing my last post...lol... yeah buddy.. we eye to eye.... mTp never has put me in this scenario before... definitely my first rodeo.

Thanks for the breakdown so the country folks like myself get a better understanding. Big Bigby appreciate the neutral vibes. Mostly definitely will be a good game. Both teams know what's on the line. Our Seniors know this could be it. It will come down to simply who wants it more. The loss to Huntland hurt more because that wasn't our team out there. Friday night will be a nail bitter. Obviously I'm pulling for a MC win. But it's gonna be interesting..