Mount Pleasant @ Moore Co.

Big Bigby

Whew, just got home from a long ride...

Well Uncle Phil, you did call the score, good job... Let me start by saying Moore Co. was far and away the better team tonight! Not only do they have "heart" but speed defensively, so throw some "speed and talent" in there as well Uncle Phil if you gonna supprt them boys.... I can see why they've held a lot of teams to just 14 points. MC shut down the corners and #45 at LB sat in the middle and played on the ball well. #50 in on a lot of tackles. Moore County deserves that 3rd seed and quite honestly (at the way mTp is playing) Huntland should be in at 4th... mTp is playing middle of the road, mediocre football, plain and simple.

mTp..... My Tigers.... I haven't a clue as to what has happened to them the past 2 games....

I am no stat keeper but I counted 13 penalties for around 80 yards lossed (compared to MC's 3-4 maybe)... 8 bad snaps, one relating to a turnover giving the Raiders a very short field to another 7 points and the other 7 leading to big losses making most Tiger drives 15-20+ to a first down, an interception for a pick 6 that was an air ball flat out thrown to MC's DB/S (reminiscent to F-ville and GCA)... No discipline... No good blocking, and sticking with a QB that 80% of the time overthrew recievers long and underthrowing short passes; maybe made 2 really good looking pass completions. Backs at half speed running in the backfield looking for a lane while MC's tackles and LB's was *wide open, full speed* getting to them.

First time and really the only time MC fans got to see mTp's speed was #4 Warnsley's interception in the end zone and ran back 100+ yards for a pick 6... Open field he turns it on, but trying to get out of the backfield at half throttle won't get you out of the backfield....

Defensively mTp couldn't stop the run of MC'S #1 and couldn't contain the corners despite knowing MC was going to them... mTp really missed their #1 and # 2 leading tacklers in C.J. Russell and mid-season loss of D.J. Bullock... Tiger Defense was weak tonight except in the secondary which wound up with a pair of picks to stop MC TD's.

mTp gave this game away to a hungrier and well playing Moore Co... mTp shot themselves in the foot almost every possession they had except for one when coach Bradley made the too late adjustment to the spread offense and the Tigers drove down and scored.

mTp's season is done. Yes they wound up in 4th seed but they travel next week to S. Pittsburgh and no doubt in my mind playing this type of football will be done next Friday.

The Tigers are better than the past 2 weeks, especially tonight. For some reason or another the wheels have come off. My Tigers had tonight to turn it around, but it fell further apart in my humble opinion.

Some my take this as harsh criticism, but by far this is just telling the game as it played out... I have all the praise for this Tiger bunch and I am proud of their season, they too know they are better than tonight, but simply just couldn't pull it together to show it.

Edited by Big Bigby

Big Bigby my apologies for not recommending you somewhere good. Barrelhouse BBQ is definitely a great choice. This thread got away from the original topic with MC and MtP. I got tired of goin back and forth with Huntland.

Understood. The wife called the spot with BBQ. We went to and took the tour at the JD's Distillery earlier in the day and then went over to the Barrel House BBQ and Ole Chuck fed us some good pulled pork and ribs... yum!

Made half a day of it and enjoyed Lynchburg. Ole Michael the tour guide at JD's is a barrel full of laughs! He's got the jokes now.

Best of Luck to your Raiders in the playoffs. Your Raiders was the better team tonight and I believe if facing Whitwell, the Raiders will go on to be in round 2 at CA. I'll be there for that one.

Edited by Big Bigby