William Blount @ Bradley Central

alt1958

Come on Gov, hang in there, you can't give up now. You got two more chances for them to put it all together and play hard for 4 qtrs. I'm being serious, you can't pack it in now, 2 to go.

That's what I'm saying. He doesn't know how we play. Bradley shows up for one game and they forget how to play the next 2-3 lol. Never know bout this team. It will be a good game!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's ready for winter work outs and getting pumped back up for 2016. In all fairness they will be better next year. You can't take kids that have had three different coaches in three years and expect something big when the third one came to town. They have been taught three different systems and I'm sure it's been very difficult for some of them to grasp.

Barney,

The problem is they just flat out don't play hard consistently. And earlier in the year it looked like they were headed in the right direction and were bought in but since then they have regressed and fallen back into the bad habits of the past. Earlier in the year they were tackling well and not turning the ball over but those things have become issues again. I keep harping on the Bearden game because that's when this team took 10 steps back after making some progress. If they had tackled in that game like they had in earlier games they would have won without a doubt. Instead I saw plays that should have been a loss or no gain turn into first downs and touchdowns and they were turning the ball over like it was going out of style. Point is they had proven that they could tackle and take care of the football earlier in the year and they just aren't doing those things anymore and it can be explained by a lack of effort.

My personal perspective on William Blount, they don't have the athletes that 2-7 have in this conference.  They don't have an 11 from Jefferson County.  They don't have the RB from HVA. They don't have ANY receivers like 13 from Dobyns Bennett.  They don't have 25 from Science Hill.  They don't have an 18 from Bradley Central.  They don't have our QB.  At the end of the day, 2-7 in this conference didn't play well night in and night out, but they had some ball players that changed the direction of the game to get at least 1 or 2.  I'm sure every team from 2-7 can look at 1 or 2 games in this conference and say, "man, we should have played better." Or "If we hadn't turned the ball over" or "been penalized", but at the end of the day, they had the ball players to at least get themselves 1 or 2.  I've watched every team in this conference, and the glaring difference in William Blount is that they don't have game breakers for this level.  Not yet anyway.  They have a decent QB, a pretty good O-Line, and a RB that runs hard, but they don't have "that guy" who can change the game.  Look at 2-7, and they all have one of those.  JMO.

My personal perspective on William Blount, they don't have the athletes that 2-7 have in this conference. They don't have an 11 from Jefferson County. They don't have the RB from HVA. They don't have ANY receivers like 13 from Dobyns Bennett. They don't have 25 from Science Hill. They don't have an 18 from Bradley Central. They don't have our QB. At the end of the day, 2-7 in this conference didn't play well night in and night out, but they had some ball players that changed the direction of the game to get at least 1 or 2. I'm sure every team from 2-7 can look at 1 or 2 games in this conference and say, "man, we should have played better." Or "If we hadn't turned the ball over" or "been penalized", but at the end of the day, they had the ball players to at least get themselves 1 or 2. I've watched every team in this conference, and the glaring difference in William Blount is that they don't have game breakers for this level. Not yet anyway. They have a decent QB, a pretty good O-Line, and a RB that runs hard, but they don't have "that guy" who can change the game. Look at 2-7, and they all have one of those. JMO.

:huh:

The Govs have 3 running backs that have had 100 yard rushing games and scored TDs, the QB has had 100 yard rushing games and rushing TDs, and the QB has had 200+ yards through the air in several games. We also have a big play receiver that has had several games where he scored 2 TDs and had gobs of receiving yards. WB has 7 guys that have scored TDs this year. I guarantee ya the only other team in the region that could say that is Maryville. But oh... We just don't have any athletes.

In all fairness they will be better next year. You can't take kids that have had three different coaches in three years and expect something big when the third one came to town. They have been taught three different systems and I'm sure it's been very difficult for some of them to grasp.

Absolutely. And it's hard to blame that on the "private schools" in the county - murvil and alcoa. Until the BCBOE makes the commitment along with the county taxpayers, it's gonna be a revolving door. I hate it for those kids that have to go thru it, but they are surely learning some valuable life lessons too. One day maybe enough people will care that things may change. Edited by strongx

:huh:

The Govs have 3 running backs that have had 100 yard rushing games and scored TDs, the QB has had 100 yard rushing games and rushing TDs, and the QB has had 200+ yards through the air in several games. We also have a big play receiver that has had several games where he scored 2 TDs and had gobs of receiving yards. WB has 7 guys that have scored TDs this year. I guarantee ya the only other team in the region that could say that is Maryville. But oh... We just don't have any athletes.

Impressive numbers man.  All I'm saying is that from the stands, nobody stood out.  You don't look out there at WB and say, "wow! look at so and so."  They all just look like regular high school football players.   And you guys had a pretty impressive offensive showing against us.  I remember the kids from the other schools.  From the eye test, William Blount, to me, didn't have those game changers.

Impressive numbers man. All I'm saying is that from the stands, nobody stood out. You don't look out there at WB and say, "wow! look at so and so." They all just look like regular high school football players. And you guys had a pretty impressive offensive showing against us. I remember the kids from the other schools. From the eye test, William Blount, to me, didn't have those game changers.

I would be willing to bet that our receiver #27 is about as good as any receiver we have played against this year. Although you wouldn't know it because most of the time our QB is running for his life because we don't have any pass protection. But when the QB actually has time to throw and #27 has time to get open its a big play waiting to happen, and he's had a number of them despite those issues. One being an 80 yard TD pass against Jeff Co, they just haven't been able to do that a lot because the blocking isn't there. And our running backs have had big plays as well but a lot of their yards are hard fought yards that they are getting all alone. Edited by Governors91

I would be willing to bet that our receiver #27 is about as good as any receiver we have played against this year. Although you wouldn't know it because most of the time our QB is running for his life because we don't have any pass protection. But when the QB actually has time to throw and #27 has time to get open its a big play waiting to happen, and he's had a number of them despite those issues. One being an 80 yard TD pass against Jeff Co, they just haven't been able to do that a lot because the blocking isn't there. And our running backs have had big plays as well but a lot of their yards are hard fought yards that they are getting all alone.

There isn't a kid on William Blount's team as good as #18 from BC or #25 from Science Hill.  Not by a long shot.

There isn't a kid on William Blount's team as good as #18 from BC or #25 from Science Hill. Not by a long shot.

That may be true but I guarantee ya that those guys are able to get the ball in their hands a lot more because the lines are helping the QBs out. Point is #27 is a good receiver and makes plays when given the chance. Edited by Governors91