FORREST, REGION 4- 2A CHAMPS VS JACKSON COUNTY

GeneralForrest

I really dont brag on Forrest except for their accomplishments. Stuff they've DONE.

Its this braggadocio "this region 3 team would smoke this region 4 team" coming from them that is almost laughable at this point. let's just make region 3 the final four right now.

you'll know when/if I'm pissed. I've restrained myself pretty good this go round. i enjoy it.

Who did you see watertown against also. The Region 3 hype is reaching hyperbolic proportions here. "Tyner could hang with Alabama...Marion would beat the Titans' eyes shut..Boyd could hang with Seattle for a half..."

it's getting downright silly

Lol I understand but do realize this region has been talked up since August by media not by "fans". It is a deep region compared to most. It may not have the best team in the state but it is deep. Last year our region was terrible. Next year tyner will be down with the loss of over 25 seniors.

Meigs has over 80 kids dressing with probably the best size in the group and only starts one kid both ways. Tyner is an inner city school with a head coach that has played and won a state title. They are well coached, fast, big and senior laden. They will be tough for whom ever they may play. Marion is dressing over 70 kids and they score a lot of points and they play very fast. They can move across the whole team. Boyd has one of the best defensive teams I have seen in a few years from anyone.

IMO, I will say this though, Watertown would be fighting for 4th in Region 3 this year. And that's a maybe. Not knocking Watertown and there team, it's just an observation. Meigs has much better size and better speed than Watertown. They have a coach that has historically been very good too,very disciplined. They struggled at times this year because of so many graduating off last years team. I honestly believe Forrest has the hardest first two rounds for a number one seed and that could be a bit unfortunate for them. I believe they are a good team and can go far they just might get a terrible bracket.

I'll tell you this- if anyone whips Forrest on the field, I will be the first one to come on here and give honest props. I can handle a better team beating us. What I think is ridiculous, is people prognosticating how this 3 vs 4 thing is gonna be such a mismatch. Maybe All 4 tams lose from 4, but I doubt it. And don't overlook our top 3 coming with some strong performances. I struggle to see Eagleville/Community giving Boyd a tough game but we are basing this on the eye test only. These games will be about matchups. And intangibles. And being healthy. And turnovers. And weather. And unfortunately, probably officiating. I will absolutely give credit where it's deserved. I've been singing Watertown's praises for 4 weeks and we manhandled them in the 2nd half. I'm a fan but I'm respectful of the sport above all. I've been watching this game at all levels since the mid 60s.

I'll tell you this- if anyone whips Forrest on the field, I will be the first one to come on here and give honest props. I can handle a better team beating us. What I think is ridiculous, is people prognosticating how this 3 vs 4 thing is gonna be such a mismatch. Maybe All 4 tams lose from 4, but I doubt it. And don't overlook our top 3 coming with some strong performances. I struggle to see Eagleville/Community giving Boyd a tough game but we are basing this on the eye test only. These games will be about matchups. And intangibles. And being healthy. And turnovers. And weather. And unfortunately, probably officiating. I will absolutely give credit where it's deserved. I've been singing Watertown's praises for 4 weeks and we manhandled them in the 2nd half. I'm a fan but I'm respectful of the sport above all. I've been watching this game at all levels since the mid 60s.

I doubt anyone whips Forrest either I agree. But I do believe Forrest gets the toughest of 4th seeds. i say Forrest wins it. just a tougher game than the other 1 vs 4 games

Forrest desperately needs to get over the "2nd round hump" in the playoffs. Historically we have made several playoff appearances, but never made it past the second round. Teams like Marion and others have "been there and done that". This doesn't give them an advantage, but the team and community feel like they belong there and it is expected. If Forrest can make it to the quarterfinals, best believe that they will be a staple playoff contender every year. IMO it's long overdue for us to make a quarterfinals appearance.

I've been reading through these posts. Here's a question for a Region 3 fans: If Tyner is as good as everybody says, then I am under the assumption they could go to Boyd in round 2 and win. Correc? Or , am I off base?

Yes it's very possible. I believe their game was 14-7 late in the 3rd and the wheels fell off. Tyner lost a stud rb being taken off the field in ambulance. That would affect any team. We had our starting qb taken off in an ambulance in the 3rd as well. Honestly any of us 3 could lose or beat each on the right night.

Edited by PurplePower68