WAVERLY'S YOUNG TALENT NEXT YEAR

vandyfan1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk but i wish they had to play a real team before the final 8

yea our region is really down and the 3a and 4a teams that we played were down also.  the young talent is there.  we will lose most all of our O-line this year!  and our RB. they both will be hard to replace.  Mcconnell coaches the spread very well and not many defenses know how to stop it. hope we can keep those young bloods healthy.  2 of the freshman starters recieved concussions this year and the big hitters are still to come

Edited by Lacesout

Lacesout I agree fine group of seniors. Very strong freshman class and all the way up to the juniors... I say Waverly is going to be a pretty dang tough group the next 3 yrs...

the junior group of boys is the backbone of the defense. gonna be a lot to replace next year too.  hoping more of the sophomores start showing up and plug those holes.  

What do the assistant coaches seem like?  I heard they were a pretty darn good group. They will have to lead the Tigers after McConnell ......., because McConnell  is going to get some good offers. Wavo might have to pony up some more money or McConnell will be gone.

Assistants are very good as well.  the offer will have to be good to take him before this freshman squad gets thru. then were gonna steal Coach Rice from Wayne Co.

Edited by Lacesout

I love seeing all this excitement about the program..........but lets take this 1 game and season @ a time. We still have Senior night against a tough Riverside group. And the playoffs coming up. Myself, I'm enjoying all the things that have went on this year. Salute to the Seniors that are going to play their FINAL regular season home game this Friday night. GO BIG BLUE! The future is bright, but hopefully we still have a few more games left 1n 2015.

i agree with SP. one game at a time.   its good to have freshman and sophomores that can contribute.  but looking at next year and the year after is tough.  who knows what will happen.   injuries, mindset, moves, etc... can change a football team. the group coming up behind the freshman squad doesnt have as much to offer. but who knows who will show up. anyway!  one game at a time

Edited by Lacesout