Wayne County (10-0) vs Monterey (6-4) 1st Rd Playoffs

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

They flagged the obvious off sides and false starts but no holding or pass interference. The personal fouls were called against both and offset, these refs were going to let the kids decide the winner, great group of officials in my opinion

that side line ref got some pretty good ear fulls on our side over ball spotting but both teams was quilty of the rest and I'm with u the officials let them play!

I've only seen the Monterey/JB game.  But I've watched enough JB and read enough message boards, I feel like I've got a decent read one this game....

Wayne Co 35

Monteray 14

No disrespect for Monterey.

It is a pretty serious mark of success to hold WC at 35 points this year.

Pretty sure they hung 41 on us in the rain.

Wonder how accurate my score would have been if the weather was fair & the field intact.

I hit the spread at least!

Sounds like it was a great game.  Congrats, WC!

Kudos Monterey on a great season and an impressive effort against the other Cats.  Hopefully Monterey and HC will get a chance to throw down in the next year or two!

WC Fans...y'all are always a classy bunch.  Excited we get a chance to tango once more this year.  And excited to see your place down there and get immersed in the WC Football Culture.  I know y'all wouldn't dream of overlooking us; so I'll go ahead and say, "Look out! Here we come!!"

Ballgame! Very tough football team, play with a lot of heart! WC defense the difference in this one.

WC defense and our quarterback and receivers. There D line held us in check and we never did get wide on them either. I agree the most physical team that we have played. If it wasn't for our #5 we might still be playing.

WC defense and our quarterback and receivers. There D line held us in check and we never did get wide on them either. I agree the most physical team that we have played. If it wasn't for our #5 we might still be playing.

The jet sweep that has worked so well for us all year just didn't look right last night, we kept running it to the side where we had no blockers.