Round 1:South Fulton @ G.W. Carver

Devil_Alumni

South Fulton gets the 4th seed and travels to Memphis to play the Cobras. We've finished 6-4 on the year. I don't know much at all about Carver. I know they are 9-1 and have scored alot of points against the teams they've played. Other than that I don't know what to expect. Gut feeling is we will be the only seed to prevent a region 7 sweep but who knows. Could pull one out and give these seniors one more after this back close to home.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

I think SF has a great chance to win.. top seeded Carver is getting lots of press and got a big head, they assuming they gonna win and are very likely to overlook the 'lowly' county school they gonna play. Don't let big city lights or the harsh surroundings you'll be playing in distract y'all. Bring some confidence & swagger, you been tested already by strongest teams in 1A, all in Region 7. Not just fan talking.. you CAN win. Shock the state and make your mark Red Devils!

Don't let the pre game hollering get to you and beat on them from the opening whistle and they will fold. Hard nose hitting will make them want to play the round ball.

Hog is right. I've seen them and they aren't that physical. SF has a shot if they will come out and fight. Carver is looking past SF, but I believe that if you're physical enough--they will start fighting with each other. Pretty undisciplined by what I've seen, but athletic.

Seems like we have played better in the 2nd half against everyone on our schedule outside the top 3 and that's somethin we will need to fix. I just honestly don't know what to expect. I don't know if I'll be making the trip or not either. If not I think I'll be at Dresden. Just depends on how the work week goes.

Edited by Devil_Alumni

I can tell you this about carver,  they were head and shoulders above every other team in Region 8.  That may not be saying much, as the other teams were pretty bad, but Carver is a good team.  Their QB is a great player.  Has a good arm and is FAST.  They also have a big receiver that is pretty good, and a big running back.  Their Offensive Coordinator is former NFL receiver Cedric Wilson. 

I am not sure where you guys are playing this game at, but when we went and played Carver the game was at Crump Stadium.  It is a fairly nice facility.  Easy to get to as it is only a couple of blocks from the interstate. 

I think SF has a great chance to win.. top seeded Carver is getting lots of press and got a big head, they assuming they gonna win and are very likely to overlook the 'lowly' county school they gonna play. Don't let big city lights or the harsh surroundings you'll be playing in distract y'all. Bring some confidence & swagger, you been tested already by strongest teams in 1A, all in Region 7. Not just fan talking.. you CAN win. Shock the state and make your mark Red Devils!

They shouldn't let the big city lights bother them.Union City is just a few miles away.

Good luck Red Devils and to all our teams.

Edited by mrbigster

Don't let the pre game hollering get to you and beat on them from the opening whistle and they will fold. Hard nose hitting will make them want to play the round ball.

U gotta catch them first to hit them, and I know it's hard to believe but they just might hit you back. I honestly don't know much about this carver team except what's on paper. It's obvious they know how to find the endzone. This program has quickly done a 360 this year since former Super Bowl champ Cedrick Wilson came to help the offense out. Don't you country boys over look this lil south memphis team.

I can tell you this about carver, they were head and shoulders above every other team in Region 8. That may not be saying much, as the other teams were pretty bad, but Carver is a good team. Their QB is a great player. Has a good arm and is FAST. They also have a big receiver that is pretty good, and a big running back. Their Offensive Coordinator is former NFL receiver Cedric Wilson.

I am not sure where you guys are playing this game at, but when we went and played Carver the game was at Crump Stadium. It is a fairly nice facility. Easy to get to as it is only a couple of blocks from the interstate.

I believe I seen on fb where we were playing at Booker T Washington's stadium. Does that sound correct to anyone. Where abouts is it located adjacent to Crump?