Northpoint Christian

Mojack

NP and USJ is a good matchup, should be competitive.

the #1 being referenced in the above thread is from Donelson. Shannon Fayne. (northpoint has a #1, but he is a reserve sophmore linebacker) I heard he was at UT-Martin this weekend, one of my players was also visiting and saw and talked to him. We've played alot of great backs this year, and he was by far the best we faced, he is better than any of the backs from the west, as a true tailback. How he wasn't up for Mr. Football is beyond me. We knew coming in from film he was solid, but seeing him in person, tells a whole other story. Film didnt do him justice. Someone is going to get a good player in him.

I finally saw the video of the simultaneous possession call. It is without question the worst td call Ive ever seen in HS sports. The DCA player had both hands on it against his chest all the way to the ground and the NP player might have had one hand trying to strip it. His left hand was extended away from his body.

DCA missed an opportunity to put the game away early and win it late from the 1 yard though. Tough call there that no reasonable person could dispute was terrible.

With that being said since NP won I hope they win it all. Good luck!!

Edited by Playerscoach

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannon is still hoping to have some offers soon. If there's an coaches  looking for a good tail back, he's available. I saw NP won this past Friday, I wish them all the luck in the championship game.

NP and USJ is a good matchup, should be competitive.

the #1 being referenced in the above thread is from Donelson. Shannon Fayne. (northpoint has a #1, but he is a reserve sophmore linebacker) I heard he was at UT-Martin this weekend, one of my players was also visiting and saw and talked to him. We've played alot of great backs this year, and he was by far the best we faced, he is better than any of the backs from the west, as a true tailback. How he wasn't up for Mr. Football is beyond me. We knew coming in from film he was solid, but seeing him in person, tells a whole other story. Film didnt do him justice. Someone is going to get a good player in him. 

Edited by bobbief

Shannon is still hoping to have some offers soon. If there's an coaches looking for a good tail back, he's available. I saw NP won this past Friday, I wish them all the luck in the championship game.

This kid is an incredible athlete, person, and student. DCA was blessed to have him and he's easily one of the best backs in the history of the school. Its an absolute sham he wasnt a Mr Football nominee. He made the most of every carry he had this year behind a line with four new starters and injuries to the line as a whole. IMO Fayne and Walker were the best duo of backs in all of Div IIA this year.

Walker returns next year and the line may add two returning players and a very good transfer. DCA loses Fayne and all their skill players but will replace them with talented young players. With luck they will have another chance at the gold ball next year.

I'm sure this has been discussed and forgive me for asking, but if Northpoint Christian is located in Mississippi, how are they playing in the TSSAA?  I'm not being funny, I'm very curious.

explained on first page of thread...

icoachdefense, on 02 Nov 2015 - 1:43 PM, said:

Northpoint Christian used to be SBEC, which was originally in Memphis, Tn. New location is literally a mile from the state line. Mississippi has no private school organization that is recognized by the NFHS. MHSAA (public school association) does not have a Division 2, Mississippi has MAIS, which is an independent organization and not recognized by NFHS, If SBEC had been a member of the MAIS, because of the size of their school, their closest league game would have been in Jackson, Ms (180 miles). If they were a member of MHSAA, because of the multiplier, they would be classified as a 3A or 4A school, closest district game of 45 miles.

TSSAA is not a "state organization" is is also an independent organization, but an organization that is recognized by the NFHS. TSSAA could in fact let anyone into their association, as long as they pay the membership fee.  In other associations, there are multiple precedence's of bordering school playing in the neighboring states association.

SBEC/Northpoint has been a member of TSSAA since the schools inception and when they began interscholastic athletics. The school is smaller than Harding, ECS, St. George, Lausanne, USJ, and FACS in the west region.

Edited by DougS

explained on first page of thread...

icoachdefense, on 02 Nov 2015 - 1:43 PM, said:

Northpoint Christian used to be SBEC, which was originally in Memphis, Tn. New location is literally a mile from the state line. Mississippi has no private school organization that is recognized by the NFHS. MHSAA (public school association) does not have a Division 2, Mississippi has MAIS, which is an independent organization and not recognized by NFHS, If SBEC had been a member of the MAIS, because of the size of their school, their closest league game would have been in Jackson, Ms (180 miles). If they were a member of MHSAA, because of the multiplier, they would be classified as a 3A or 4A school, closest district game of 45 miles.

TSSAA is not a "state organization" is is also an independent organization, but an organization that is recognized by the NFHS. TSSAA could in fact let anyone into their association, as long as they pay the membership fee.  In other associations, there are multiple precedence's of bordering school playing in the neighboring states association.

SBEC/Northpoint has been a member of TSSAA since the schools inception and when they began interscholastic athletics. The school is smaller than Harding, ECS, St. George, Lausanne, USJ, and FACS in the west region.

I asked because I didn't read an of the post.  That makes sense and answers all my questions.So in theory Virgina High in Bristol VA could join the TSSAA?

Playerscoach is it true DCA is contemplating a name change to SCW?

You know Shoulda Coulda Woulda prep! Seems to be your most consistent slogan.

Really? Thats kinda bush league. NP knows about our game and what happened.

Maybe you can talk to me about it at a game and I'll explain what happened? Or you could go check out the five clinic bowl trophies in the lobby, the baseball one, the basketball one, the soccer pair and many others? They are very pretty. :)

We can catch any game, eat some popcorn and discuss the NP game? It will be awesome!!!! ðŸ‘

Edited by Playerscoach