Northpoint Christian

Mojack

actually looking at the numbers from the West Region school's CoachT page, only Harding (396) and ECS (515) have more students.   NCS 280;  FACS  224   SGIS 212  Lausanne 206.  Dont forget about the other schools in the West.  Tipton-Rosemark 160; Memphis Catholic  135; Rossville 125;   USJ, Fayette Academy and Sacred Heart Of Jesus (Jackson TN) do not list their enrollment

my point was that its not like they just got into TSSAA (formerly SBEC and had been in TSSAA for years) and they aren't some huge school, that just popped up and that other schools in the area are larger. Below are the ACTUAL enrollment number for classification from TSSAA (along with a verifiable link)

http://tssaa.org/tssaa-enrollment-figures-for-2015-16-2016-17-classification/

St. George 419

ECS 384

Harding 376

USJ 344

Lausanne 337

FACS 316

NCS 304

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SBEC actually left the TSSAA for a brief time and played in the MPSA (now the MAIS) and it just didn't work. I think they felt the pressure to play in Mississippi without really wanting to. This was around the time Burney Veazey was

In school (old UTenn backup QB).

With Magnolia Heights in Senatonia and Clarksdale Lee being the closest district opponents it got ridiculous traveling to Greenwood, Greenville, and Jackson for games. Especially jr high mid week.

Coming back to the TSSAA and the Memphis and west TN opponents was such a blessing. They'll still play some Mississppi public and private schools in MS in various sports but the TSSAA is unequivocally home.

SBEC actually left the TSSAA for a brief time and played in the MPSA (now the MAIS) and it just didn't work. I think they felt the pressure to play in Mississippi without really wanting to. This was around the time Burney Veazey was

In school (old UTenn backup QB).

With Magnolia Heights in Senatonia and Clarksdale Lee being the closest district opponents it got ridiculous traveling to Greenwood, Greenville, and Jackson for games. Especially jr high mid week.

Coming back to the TSSAA and the Memphis and west TN opponents was such a blessing. They'll still play some Mississppi public and private schools in MS in various sports but the TSSAA is unequivocally home.

Great environment. Still cant figure out that td call though? Most bizarre call ive ever seen?

DCA just missed too many chances to put you guys away. #1 should have been up for Mr Football.

Simultaneous posession, both players control the ball simultaneously, possession is rewarded to the offensive player. Kinda like tie goes to the runner in baseball.

Great football game regardless, holder missed the block (tee) on the missed fg. Officiating was horrible

Not sure how it can be simultaneous when one kid has both hands on it and the ball against his body then falls down?

Not taking anything from NC but that was a head scratcher? Maybe the film will clear it up?

Edited by Playerscoach

my point was that its not like they just got into TSSAA (formerly SBEC and had been in TSSAA for years) and they aren't some huge school, that just popped up and that other schools in the area are larger. Below are the ACTUAL enrollment number for classification from TSSAA (along with a verifiable link)

http://tssaa.org/tssaa-enrollment-figures-for-2015-16-2016-17-classification/

St. George 419

ECS 384

Harding 376

USJ 344

Lausanne 337

FACS 316

NCS 304

I think Sacred Heart (Jackson) has around 50 students in the high school. They play 8 on 8 football. I hate 8 on 8 football

Simultaneous posession, both players control the ball simultaneously, possession is rewarded to the offensive player. Kinda like tie goes to the runner in baseball.

Great football game regardless, holder missed the block (tee) on the missed fg. Officiating was horrible

I watched the game online.  They replayed that play a number of times.  The DCA player had possession of the football going to the ground and the NP player reached around him to try to take it away as they went to the ground.  It was a horrible call.  Should have been an interception.  The other key point in the game for DCA was getting the ball 1st and goal and not getting any points.  Those 2 plays cost them the game.   Great game to watch, although DCA looked like the better team. 

I watched the game online. They replayed that play a number of times. The DCA player had possession of the football going to the ground and the NP player reached around him to try to take it away as they went to the ground. It was a horrible call. Should have been an interception. The other key point in the game for DCA was getting the ball 1st and goal and not getting any points. Those 2 plays cost them the game. Great game to watch, although DCA looked like the better team.

Credit to NP for hanging around, getting 4 turnovers, and a great goalline stand. Could have easily been 21-0 at half but its HS football and stuff happens. Great game to watch.

DCA not scoring in three tries from a little over 1 yard out was crazy considering they ran the ball very well most of the night, including that drive.

Good luck to NP.

I watched the game online.  They replayed that play a number of times.  The DCA player had possession of the football going to the ground and the NP player reached around him to try to take it away as they went to the ground.  It was a horrible call.  Should have been an interception.  The other key point in the game for DCA was getting the ball 1st and goal and not getting any points.  Those 2 plays cost them the game.   Great game to watch, although DCA looked like the better team. 

i agree with you, the call was simultaneous possession, didnt say it was the right call, but that was the call that was made. the officiating was horrible all night on both sides. 5 sideline unsportsmanlike penalties on NP, coach had his foot on the line, one was when he celebrated a fumble recovery? those guys were bad. 

DCA RB was one of the best ive seen all year, if not the best, went downhill, didnt dance, wasnt looking to hit a home run everytime, took what was there. 

the goaline stand was the game changer, DCA had run the same 3 play sequence inside the 5 all year, if theyd have run the toss sweep they would have scored. feel bad for the holder on the snap. 

good game atmosphere, one of the best HS football games ive seen in a while

i agree with you, the call was simultaneous possession, didnt say it was the right call, but that was the call that was made. the officiating was horrible all night on both sides. 5 sideline unsportsmanlike penalties on NP, coach had his foot on the line, one was when he celebrated a fumble recovery? those guys were bad.

DCA RB was one of the best ive seen all year, if not the best, went downhill, didnt dance, wasnt looking to hit a home run everytime, took what was there.

the goaline stand was the game changer, DCA had run the same 3 play sequence inside the 5 all year, if theyd have run the toss sweep they would have scored. feel bad for the holder on the snap.

good game atmosphere, one of the best HS football games ive seen in a while

#1 played a great game and was easily the best player on the field IMO. He had 150 or so yards and another 20 receiving yards. The replay clearly showed the td call was baffling/terrible and I'm certain the TSSAA knows it was as well. That same guy ruled another interception no good when the guy on the spot had it as an Int.

None of it matters though. DCA had their chances and didnt capitalize. Outgaining a team 300-150 but losing the turnover battle was the recipe to lose. The kids played their hearts out but lost. Good luck to NP.

Edited by Playerscoach

How do Northpoint and USJ match up? I know #1 from Northpoint sure looks like a heck of a player. Any colleges after him?

NP and USJ is a good matchup, should be competitive.

the #1 being referenced in the above thread is from Donelson. Shannon Fayne. (northpoint has a #1, but he is a reserve sophmore linebacker) I heard he was at UT-Martin this weekend, one of my players was also visiting and saw and talked to him. We've played alot of great backs this year, and he was by far the best we faced, he is better than any of the backs from the west, as a true tailback. How he wasn't up for Mr. Football is beyond me. We knew coming in from film he was solid, but seeing him in person, tells a whole other story. Film didnt do him justice. Someone is going to get a good player in him.