65 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oak Ridge
    • Ooltewah

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it would be nice to see Logan enjoy success on he mound this spring.

Basketball is going to be tough just to make it to State and then go up against those Memphis guys. I wonder if Daryl Middleton will be on the team. I don't know any of the facts but a message I got on Facebook appeared to suggest he didn't play against Ooltewah because he was being disciplined.

Same old same. I am moving on to basketball now and then baseball to watch Logan tear it up, maybe he won't get screwed there. And maybe a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in basketball.

Based on the talent alone , there is no reason that we can't make a run for a state title in basketball. We have the best Coach in the state We have Gee as the point guard- Tee and Middleton... Bring on Memphis. Edited by Runswithknife

After seeing the final stats to this game it makes that loss sting even harder. Giving up those turnovers in the 1st half and giving Ooltewah a 20 spot was just too much to overcome in the end. More rushing yards, and total yards, and won the time of possesion battle, and ran 70 plays to only their 54, and had 16 first downs to only 10 for them. Held them under 300 yards of total offense, as they did us as well. To accomplish a lot of that without our best player is pretty impressive, to me. Unfortunately none of this means anything, and all credit still goes to Ooltewah, I just found it all pretty interesting and disheartening.

That's what the Owls do to you, they are really good on defense and if you make a mistake or they force a turnover they are one of the best at capitalizing on it. They score a lot of points off of turnovers. It's almost impossible to beat the Owls when you have turnovers and multiple penalties. Oak Ridge should be very good next year with all the guys you have coming back and after a year learning the new offensive system.

Edited by RCfan

Congrats to Ootlewah on the victory, they did what it took to win the ball game.  Our guys fought hard til the end.  Proud of this team and the effort they showed until the final whistle.  Many of these seniors have been starting for 3 years and they are 31-6 in those three years.  It has been a great ride.  Thank you seniors. 

Now, lets get out to the arena and support the boys and girls in hoops.  Go Cats!

Man. I sure miss the old days on Coach T..We had guys who are not afraid to disagree with each other..I miss people like Tn Breakers..Old Dad. The Oak Ridge football team sure went through a lot back in those days..Opinions varied.. But no one, and I mean no one – went and hid under a rock...please take a moment and visit other threads on this board to see how it is done after a loss...

Man. I sure miss the old days on Coach T..We had guys who are not afraid to disagree with each other..I miss people like Tn Breakers..Old Dad. The Oak Ridge football team sure went through a lot back in those days..Opinions varied.. But no one, and I mean no one – went and hid under a rock...please take a moment and visit other threads on this board to see how it is done after a loss...

Has anybody heard from Old Dad ? He was a great guy on here , be nice to see him back .