Middle TN vs West TN 5A-6A playoffs

mondo44

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe a Henry County poster commented before the Centennial game about Middle Tennessee football being soft and about how physical West TN football was. No doubt Whitehaven and White Station are very good but what about the rest. Not very physical, huh?

Pretty sure it was clarified in that thread that the guy who posted that was being sarcastic.

And considering we've competed in middle TN for much, if not most of our school's history in all sports, I would wager he probably was.

I could be wrong because I don't pay attention to polls that much, but doesn't the Tennesseean top mid TN poll include Henry Co.? I don't care either way I am just curious.

It does. And contrarily, The Jackson Sun and The Commercial Appeal (Memphis) do not.

Geographically we are in West TN, but as far as high school athletics go, we are pretty much considered midstate, because we almost always fall into a midstate region.

Henry County is a geographical oddity. Don't get much love from the West press, don't get much from the Mid. I used to think we represented West TN football but now I'm not sure.

My opinion is this is what makes Henry County great.

What other community our size in America has produced Tony Award winners, State Champion football teams, a Super Bowl winner, amateur national trap shooting champions, State Champion cross country runners, country music stars, professional baseball players, a State Champion in golf, professors, authors, a governor, and is the most charitable community of any size anywhere.

I like being an island.

My opinion is this is what makes Henry County great.

What other community our size in America has produced Tony Award winners, State Champion football teams, a Super Bowl winner, amateur national trap shooting champions, State Champion cross country runners, country music stars, professional baseball players, a State Champion in golf, professors, authors, a governor, and is the most charitable community of any size anywhere.

I like being an island.

Don't forget one of the best , and last, sit-down Pizza Huts in the southern U.S.

No, you are absolutely right. It's uncanny really how perceptive you are!

West Tennessee just has the misfortune of being on the side of the river where the genetics are a little inferior, where knowledge of football strategy isn't hardly as advanced, and where there is just an overall lack of will.

I just hope, despite our many inadequacies, we can raise a bunch of kids who have meaningful enough lives that they don't need to waste their Saturday mornings counting wins and losses across some arbitrary geographic lines to feel important.

Dude, you are an idiot! Your little sarcastic racist comments is not what this site is for. Let stick to football Sherlock!

Dude, you are an idiot! Your little sarcastic racist comments is not what this site is for. Let stick to football Sherlock!

How did you get any kind of racism out of his comment? He was being facetious. As most people in middle and east tn think we have better coaching, football players, and all round better football than west tn. If you would read his other comments about how great of a town Paris ,which is in west tn, you would understand that. He also talks about hopefully we are more worried about raising great young adult than counting wins.

I can't stand people that turn a comment like into something more than it was. Get out of here you troll!!!!

Edited by Swipes