RIVERDALE OAKLAND BATTLE OF THE BORO 2.O

warrior82dad

I'd be suprised if they actually contributed to that happening in any shape or form, although it's something all the schools need. All the rain this year as rendered some of the fields almost unplayable

It was brought up a the school board budget meeting. They were comparing it to the $180000 are year they are currently spending on grass maintenance. They were also considering a bond issue to pay for it. It would be nice and another step forward to catching up with the East Tennessee schools.

It was brought up a the school board budget meeting. They were comparing it to the $180000 are year they are currently spending on grass maintenance. They were also considering a bond issue to pay for it. It would be nice and another step forward to catching up with the East Tennessee schools.

I would be happy to be wrong, but taking on giving all the 6A schools field turf is a pretty large undertaking. At the end of the day, its largely semantics. If the want to help RuCo schools catch up to Maryville, use that money for coaching supplements so schools can get better coaches and more of them

R'dale could have had an indoor facility the FIRST year Coach A was here. The building was being given to us, put up. All that was needed was the concrete foundation. Coach A could not or would not even assign an assistant Coach to co-ordinate that.

Given that and a continued winning program, field turf would have been easy to get paid for.

I would be happy to be wrong, but taking on giving all the 6A schools field turf is a pretty large undertaking. At the end of the day, its largely semantics. If the want to help RuCo schools catch up to Maryville, use that money for coaching supplements so schools can get better coaches and more of them

Throw even MORE money at Coaches that cannot win the Gold Ball or even get to the dance for it. NOT LIKELY!

Throw even MORE money at Coaches that cannot win the Gold Ball or even get to the dance for it. NOT LIKELY!

1.) How do you think Maryville is so well coached year after year? It's because they have the best staff to go along the best HC. A larger pool of supplement increases those chances of getting better coaches and more of them. As many years as you waxed poetic about Riverdale having seemingly a million coaches on staff under Rankin, I figured you out of all people would understand.

2.) HS Coaches are tragically underpaid. If you count all the hours that they put in, I doubt they would make minimum wage. Of course they don't do it for the money, but they deserve a larger piece of the pie.

3.) Its nothing to be ashamed of losing to Maryville. Maryville is one of the best programs in the country, period. Most of these programs have very solid staff's. A gold ball is the goal, but the season isn't a complete disaster if it doesn't happen

1.) How do you think Maryville is so well coached year after year? It's because they have the best staff to go along the best HC. A larger pool of supplement increases those chances of getting better coaches and more of them. As many years as you waxed poetic about Riverdale having seemingly a million coaches on staff under Rankin, I figured you out of all people would understand.

2.) HS Coaches are tragically underpaid. If you count all the hours that they put in, I doubt they would make minimum wage. Of course they don't do it for the money, but they deserve a larger piece of the pie.

3.) Its nothing to be ashamed of losing to Maryville. Maryville is one of the best programs in the country, period. Most of these programs have very solid staff's. A gold ball is the goal, but the season isn't a complete disaster if it doesn't happen

The problem is the pay rates come from the county level school boards. Sitting in on many of those budget meetings even if they had the money they would rather allocate it to what they consider more effective use of funds. They even tie the hands of the QB Clubs assisting. They think that allowing them to teach or be a drivers ed teacher is enough of a supplement. The key to a successful program is just that, a program not a coach. But, that coach has to be bought in to developing the complete program. Yes, Maryville is a successful program. Assistants what to be there as a launching point for their future success but they don't get paid any more than most 6A schools. Riverdale needs a man who is dedicated to building that type of program. If they found someone who was dedicated to that type of program development including conditioning, weigh lifting, under classman development and a who cared about his players you would see the funding flow open back up and issues like turf and facilities wouldn't be an issue. I and many in the supporter circles have begged for change and recently our concerns have been heard and we know change is coming....lets just hope they go after the right man for the job, not another drivers ed teacher. This Riverdale program should be one of the most respected and desired programs in the state so getting that right guy should be attractive to the right candidate.

The problem is the pay rates come from the county level school boards. Sitting in on many of those budget meetings even if they had the money they would rather allocate it to what they consider more effective use of funds. They even tie the hands of the QB Clubs assisting. They think that allowing them to teach or be a drivers ed teacher is enough of a supplement. The key to a successful program is just that, a program not a coach. But, that coach has to be bought in to developing the complete program. Yes, Maryville is a successful program. Assistants what to be there as a launching point for their future success but they don't get paid any more than most 6A schools. Riverdale needs a man who is dedicated to building that type of program. If they found someone who was dedicated to that type of program development including conditioning, weigh lifting, under classman development and a who cared about his players you would see the funding flow open back up and issues like turf and facilities wouldn't be an issue. I and many in the supporter circles have begged for change and recently our concerns have been heard and we know change is coming....lets just hope they go after the right man for the job, not another drivers ed teacher. This Riverdale program should be one of the most respected and desired programs in the state so getting that right guy should be attractive to the right candidate.

I have no doubt you know way more about those issues than I do. Riverdale is a great job (as is every job in state. At the time of his hiring, Aydellot was considered one of the top coaches in the state. I have no doubt that should this job become open, Riverdale would once again have interest from great coaches far and wide. Only difference is they'll be playing to catch up, instead of being the king if the hill like they were 10 years ago

I have no doubt you know way more about those issues than I do. Riverdale is a great job (as is every job in state. At the time of his hiring, Aydellot was considered one of the top coaches in the state. I have no doubt that should this job become open, Riverdale would once again have interest from great coaches far and wide. Only difference is they'll be playing to catch up, instead of being the king if the hill like they were 10 years ago

Everyone here knows its going to be a process. I guess they need to adopt Butch Jones brick by brick method. We just need the right mason...