Riund 3: Marshall County @ East Hamilton

Lead

Marshall County played a pretty solid schedule this year, but the team is just loaded with playmakers.  They have about 5 guys who can house it anytime they touch the ball with breakaway speed.  This team is one of the more athletic teams that Marshall County has had.  You take the playmakers then add in a very good offensive line, and that's led to a ton of big numbers.

I'd still say the biggest key is the coaching though.  Osteen has come in and had this team competing from day 1.  He finds different ways to get the playmakers the ball in space.  I know most teams will say this, but I truly would take my chances with him as coach against most any other coach out there.  

Marshall County played a pretty solid schedule this year, but the team is just loaded with playmakers. They have about 5 guys who can house it anytime they touch the ball with breakaway speed. This team is one of the more athletic teams that Marshall County has had. You take the playmakers then add in a very good offensive line, and that's led to a ton of big numbers.

I'd still say the biggest key is the coaching though. Osteen has come in and had this team competing from day 1. He finds different ways to get the playmakers the ball in space. I know most teams will say this, but I truly would take my chances with him as coach against most any other coach out there.

Oh come on. Osteen is a good coach but there are many and I do mean many coaches and coaching staffs that would put up a ton of points with those athletes. The QB is a product of the system. Very average but when you flip a jet sweep 2 feet to the athletes that Marshall has then you will have skewed passing numbers. The games the Marshall struggled in this year the other teams had athletes that could match up. Haven't seen East Hamilton so not sure if they can match athletes or not but if they can then Marshall comes a very average coached team. But to Osteens credit that is what good coaches do is get the ball to their athletes in space but don't make it look like he out coached all of his opponents. They won with better athletes!!

Marshall County played a pretty solid schedule this year, but the team is just loaded with playmakers. They have about 5 guys who can house it anytime they touch the ball with breakaway speed. This team is one of the more athletic teams that Marshall County has had. You take the playmakers then add in a very good offensive line, and that's led to a ton of big numbers.

I'd still say the biggest key is the coaching though. Osteen has come in and had this team competing from day 1. He finds different ways to get the playmakers the ball in space. I know most teams will say this, but I truly would take my chances with him as coach against most any other coach out there.

According to the strength of schedule thread your ranked 42. Stone was ranked 43. We heard the same thing about athletes and offensive lines from them. Our front seven kept them reasonably In check in both our games. In our only common opponent game looks like we both kept the Page QB in check and handled them fairly easily. Hopefully of defense can continue to be stingy.

we just spell it 'Canes now. Them high dollar words can be tricky at times. And no, it wasn't EH people that started this thread with the wrong spelling before you blame that on us too, I mean with our track record and all. 😉

That was me and my sausage fingers lol. Big hands and a small keyboard don't go together haha

Marshall 28-14, to much speed

We've only allowed more 26 points or more twice this season and only lost one of those. Both times to pretty good 5a playoff teams. The most a 4a school has put on us is 14 (16 with the intentional safety) and that was last week against the undefeated region champ. At this point with the info that is available 28 is attainable but not likely against our defense.

At this point in the playoffs, everyone has speed. They do sound like they have numerous fast backs to run the ball, but only one can run with the ball at a time. We have plenty enough speed on defense to play with anyone. If you look at our schedule, our struggles are in the offense. Defense has stepped it up and I don't see them have that much of a drop off this week.

Edited by mcvolfan

We've only allowed more 26 points or more twice this season and only lost one of those. Both times to pretty good 5a playoff teams. The most a 4a school has put on us is 14 (16 with the intentional safety) and that was last week against the undefeated region champ. At this point with the info that is available 28 is attainable but not likely against our defense.

At this point in the playoffs, everyone has speed. They do sound like they have numerous fast backs to run the ball, but only one can run with the ball at a time. We have plenty enough speed on defense to play with anyone. If you look at our schedule, our struggles are in the offense. Defense has stepped it up and I don't see them have that much of a drop off this week.

Same with us. We lost to John Overton by 1 and should have won that game. The other time was to Maplewood and still managed to pull that one out with 5 turnovers.

Oh come on. Osteen is a good coach but there are many and I do mean many coaches and coaching staffs that would put up a ton of points with those athletes. The QB is a product of the system. Very average but when you flip a jet sweep 2 feet to the athletes that Marshall has then you will have skewed passing numbers. The games the Marshall struggled in this year the other teams had athletes that could match up. Haven't seen East Hamilton so not sure if they can match athletes or not but if they can then Marshall comes a very average coached team. But to Osteens credit that is what good coaches do is get the ball to their athletes in space but don't make it look like he out coached all of his opponents. They won with better athletes!!

I'm reminded of an old saying about how opening your mouth removes all doubt about being an idiot...If you think Ashton Posey is some kind of "system" QB, then you know absolutely nothing about the game of football. The kid has a cannon for an arm, is a very effective runner (especially in short yardage), and is an absolutely fantastic competitor and teammate. Osteen is a very demanding QB coach, and Ashton has put in hundreds and hundreds of hours over the last two years developing into an elite QB. He now has over 5,000 yards passing in his career. You think all those yards came from jet sweeps? I've been at every MC game the last two years and I can promise you that that play is run 4-6 times a game, maximum. So for you to make that comment is absurd.

Also, it's always been true that great coaches have good players to coach--and Marshall County certainly has a lot of good players. But, how would you explain the curb stomping that Osteen and the Tigers put on your Spring Hill Raiders? They arguably have more talent than Marshall, plus they have TWO players who have been offered by SEC schools while Marshall County has ZERO. The difference, of course, was in coaching. Look at all those athletes Spring Hill has and look at their 3-7 record. Meanwhile, we're planning a trip to Chattanooga this Friday...

Remember Linder for LA, Marshall has about 5-6 with that type speed....and I know how Linder give Eh problems. Just my opinion.