Who wins it all in 4A?

Briscoe

Which ones are the most aggressive recruiting athletes from nearby schools? I assumed it was Knox Catholic. How many players at Catholic were supposed to be at other schools but got lured away?

Ensworth got two from Giles county a few years ago and one from Marshall county this year.

Hopefully zero did because recruiting would be illegal.....

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully zero did because recruiting would be illegal.....

I don't think recruiting is what too many people are worried about. I read something in the 1A threads that made sense. They don't have to recruit. The kids can do that for them. Who is to say that a bunch of athletes already at said private schools can't convince others to come load up a team asuming the parents can afford it. Not likely but not out of the realm of possibility either. With all that said I am NOT against private schools. Edited by leadfarmer

There is Knoxville Catholic, CAK, Webb, Grace Christian, Berean Christian, Concord Christian, Knoxville Christian, The Montossori School, Apostolic Christian and King's Academy in Seymour. There is a new school in Powell. I think it's called Faith Baptist

I knew there were more but I only see 4 from that list that are regularly competitive in football.

I don't think recruiting is what too many people are worried about. I read something in the 1A threads that made sense. They don't have to recruit. The kids can do that for them. Who is to say that a bunch of athletes already at said private schools can't convince others to come load up a team asuming the parents can afford it. Not likely but not out of the realm of possibility either. With all that said I am NOT against private schools.

The guy just said "aggressively recruit athletes" if that was the case it would be grace Christian since they got caught a few years back

The guy just said "aggressively recruit athletes" if that was the case it would be grace Christian since they got caught a few years back

I know man. Ensworth lured away 2 really good players from Giles county. One is starting for Georgia now and the other started off at Ensworth and is now at NCS with multiple SEC offers. The kid from Marshall County is going to be a good one for Ensworth. He is a baller. I'm just saying that the schools themselves don't have to recruit. The players can do it for them.

I just meant are any of those kids at Catholic supposed to be going to Fulton for example

Rodgers did play little league with the Falcons for years through 8th grade but I wouldn't say he is supposed to be at Fulton... I don't believe he is zoned for Fulton... Recruiting is not that bad of a problem in the knoxville area as people make it seem...

Rodgers did play little league with the Falcons for years through 8th grade but I wouldn't say he is supposed to be at Fulton... I don't believe he is zoned for Fulton... Recruiting is not that bad of a problem in the knoxville area as people make it seem...

True and ever area is different. When your winning kids and parents want to be apart of that. When Tom leaves and go to another school and become a star then everybody wants to throw the R word. In Nashville BA,Ensworth and BA go after the inner city kids real hard. Kinda leaves us Hot sometimes but you get over it.