White County

wonderingcoach

I did not have anyone in mind. Don't even know who all applied but, there would not be many any worse. What about the Cotten kid that came over from your program? He seemed to do a good job and the players were all in his corner, was my understanding. I don't have a kid in the program now ( thank God). Lowery is just not what you want your kids around when teaching good sportsmanship and trying to mold kids into adults. Ask some of the coaches that he coached against in basketball. Be up 40 or more points in the second half and running a full court press. That's real classy If he was such a good fit, why was he not on staff already? If he was such a great hire, why was he not hired before now?. He had applied several times before. If he was a great visionary, why was he fired from the staff 4 or 5 years ago. If he was such a supporter of the program, why was he not more involved in the program? Why would you take a struggling program and give it to someone with NO head coaching backround? Why a guy near retirement age? These are just questions that i have. It just appears that the fix was in on this one..  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a buddy buddy hiring. I ve got news for some of you. Many times the administration Does Not want a very successful football team. Oh they will tell you what you want to hear..and then get buddies to take that job knowing they aren't great coaches. Great coaches are of a type and have too much political power. The more winning..the more power. Now why deal with that when you can give it to a buddy and buy yourself 3 more years. Everybody blames it on the coach and you keep getting a paycheck.

I suspect something like that. There are a lot of things going on behind the scene. You have a principal that is more than likely moving into the Director of Schools slot in March. You have a school board that is in shambles with death threats and all kind of nonsense going on over the textbooks that they have approved. You have a Chairman of the School Board who has a kid on the team, who wants to be a asst coach. And then finally a applicant who is a black stabbing trouble maker who would do whatever to get the job. I talked to a School Board Member today that made it very clear that something was going on with the hire and this person did not want their name associated with the process in any way. That tells me that this was a back channel, 11th hour deal that was strong armed through. Otherwise, if it was such a great hire, as described in the newspaper, why would a board member run from the hiring instead of supporting the decision? Trust me, this has a lot of people seeing red and I would not want to be running for reelection if I were these board members