White County

wonderingcoach

White Country has talent but not a ton of it like some 5a schools like say Hillsboro. Lots of times schools with limited talent get stuck with the best athletes are split between the big three to focus just on Baseball, Basketball, or Football. They have a good boys basketball program but a lot of those boys don't play football at all. Also lots of talent walks the halls and don't play anything. This hasn't been a "Football" school traditionally since the 70's-early 80's. If Maynard and Eldridge couldn't turn them around when they were there, don't know who you can bring in to do it. I think a quality could compete every year to get wins vs McMinnville, Cumberland CO, Stone, and the smaller schools like LA and York. Then hold there own verses the rest.

LA is a small school? They're a middle of the pack 4A program

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA is a small school? They're a middle of the pack 4A program

According to TSSAA LA has 888 students, thus a slightly below average sized 4a....White county has 1197, a slightly above mid sized 5a school. That's 339 more students than LA. You would have to combine LA(888) and Monterey (330) to be similar in size to White County. Hence "smaller" schools LA and York comment.  

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

According to TSSAA LA has 888 students, thus a slightly below average sized 4a....White county has 1197, a slightly above mid sized 5a school. That's 339 more students than LA. You would have to combine LA(888) and Monterey (330) to be similar in size to White County. Hence "smaller" schools LA and York comment.

gotcha. Is it a talent drought in wc?

As a parent of a couple players on the team, I really would like to see the administration make a decision soon! The boys are working hard in the weight room but they need to know who their leader is going to be! They need someone pushing them and laying out a vision for how they are going to get better!

I really believe that there is a chance for the Warriors to get better in the next few years. The JV only lost one game last year and should have won it. They have the chance to have a huge line in the next few years as the freshmen and sophomore classes have some big boys. Richmond who gained over 1000 yards will be back to run behind whatever line is put together.  Our biggest challenge though is the district we are in. Every week it seemed like  we were facing teams with twice our numbers.  We had guys going both ways and even if we hung around for a quarter or two we would get tired and give up big plays in the second half. 

Whoever is named our coach, will have my full support as a parent, and fan. I am praying most of all that He will be someone who can help shape our young men into  men of character, who go on to be good husbands, fathers, and productive citizens.. And a few more wins wouldn't hurt.

This hire was neither expected or welcomed. Why would they hire this guy? He has been fired as an asst. coach multiple times. My son played while he was on staff a few years ago and said that Lowery was a joke and had no business being a coach. He said that Lowery was in charge of calling plays at the JV games and just told the players to call their own plays. I have talked to several people and there is no support for this hire. 15 to 20 of the players said that they will not play for this coach next year. I thought that the White County Program had hit bottom a few years ago and they were on their way back up. Yesterday marks a new bottom for this program. I feel so sorry for these kids!