Rhea Co at Sevier Co

EaglePride1

This article explains the origins.

"The point wasn’t ever to show respect. The point was to keep five-year-olds from running all over the field while they tended to a boo-boo.â€

Monroe_players_kneel_t480.jpg?9e98806124

http://m.monroenews.com/news/2015/oct/23/football-coaches-question-wisdom-kneeling-injuries/

Edited by Red Rebels

I did not see that play well enough to comment on what or what didn't happen. And since you all only use the big screen for commercials and the animation when there is a flag we never got to see the calls that were somewhat controversial to understand what did or didn't happen. 

Football is a physical game. Players get out of position and sometimes have to make quick decisions on how to react to the positions of other players either to protect themselves or protect other players or both.  Whistles are not blown consistently - sometimes the ref lets the play continue longer than they should - sometimes they don't.  Most penalties are the result of that rather than a player trying to hurt another player. 

I didn't see any player on either side purposely try to injure another player.

I did see players playing hard and physical.  Football is a physical game and yes Rhea County is a very physical team - a lot more so that SC. 

"A lot more physical than SC"? What a joke...I'm sure not all of the RC fans will agree with you but the most physical and smartest team ALWAYS wins! QB had a stronger arm and made better decisions, receivers ran faster and caught the ball, LBs hit harder, DBs covered better, OL/DL pushed harder and the kicker kicked farther. These are all physical traits, spearing a player after the whistle doesn't count. 

I love the old WingT and smash mouth football but you have to have physically dominating RBs and OL to be successful. You have to have a QB that can make the throw when he has to. Not taking anything away from Rhea County because I think they fought their butts off but you have to have passing attack to balance the run game. 

Sounds like some of you guys are splitting hairs on here. I sat in the middle of a bunch of SC fans and they were great. The Eagles had another great year and nothing can take that away but the season is over and the Smoky Bears won it on the field, gotta give them credit, they were the best team that night. It's hurts to lose but these guys played their hearts out and left it all on the field, they shook hands after the game and life goes on. I wish SC the best in their quest for the gold ball.

I'll make it. Your #41 tried to injure our player. We WON'T be taking sportsmanship lessons from you. How many personal fouls did your team have? You need to clean your own house before you start worrying about other teams

That #41 has a torn ACL (since the last regular season game), he can't do much damage...  Good grief.  Running with a brace nearly as long as his leg, how the devil is he launching himself at anyone?  RB launching himself. LOL!!! We had a bunch of UC penalties, and yes we are going to have to clean it up. 

I have utmost respect for the players on the Smoky Bears side.  They whipped us.  -We have a few people on this board that need something to whine about.  Suck it up buttacups!  Be tough like your team.  

That #41 has a torn ACL (since the last regular season game), he can't do much damage... Good grief. Running with a brace nearly as long as his leg, how the devil is he launching himself at anyone? RB launching himself. LOL!!! We had a bunch of UC penalties, and yes we are going to have to clean it up.

I have utmost respect for the players on the Smoky Bears side. They whipped us. -We have a few people on this board that need something to whine about. Suck it up buttacups! Be tough like your team.

he did do it.. They replayed it on tv around 10 times

"A lot more physical than SC"? What a joke...I'm sure not all of the RC fans will agree with you but the most physical and smartest team ALWAYS wins! QB had a stronger arm and made better decisions, receivers ran faster and caught the ball, LBs hit harder, DBs covered better, OL/DL pushed harder and the kicker kicked farther. These are all physical traits, spearing a player after the whistle doesn't count. 

I love the old WingT and smash mouth football but you have to have physically dominating RBs and OL to be successful. You have to have a QB that can make the throw when he has to. Not taking anything away from Rhea County because I think they fought their butts off but you have to have passing attack to balance the run game. 

You all scored more points.  Your QB and WR's were better (without press coverage).  You will never convince me that your LB's or RB's are/were more physical, maybe faster, (We had a lot more yards on offense, thanks to the O-line).  Too many turnovers (our interceptions), your DB's, were the difference.  Our coaches should have started press coverage against your WR's  before the second half.

Congrats to the Smoky Bears, they were the better team Friday night.  Go get that Gold Ball!

You all scored more points.  Your QB and WR's were better (without press coverage).  You will never convince me that your LB's or RB's are/were more physical, maybe faster, (We had a lot more yards on offense, thanks to the O-line).  Too many turnovers (our interceptions), your DB's, were the difference.  Our coaches should have started press coverage against your WR's  before the second half.

Congrats to the Smoky Bears, they were the better team Friday night.  Go get that Gold 

I appreciate your opinion and your passion. Y'all played a great game and fought hard all night. I thought your game plan was a little too vanilla for a semi-final game but that's on your coaches. As far as pressing our receivers....that wouldn't have worked. SC has a balanced attack so if you press the receivers, you either get beat over the top or we run the ball down your throat and then hit the big one over the top. If RC had a passing game...I don't know of many teams in E TN that could hang with you. The WingT is vicious but it's outdated. Everybody has figured out how to stop it but you have to have the players physical enough to stop it. 

I also appreciate your support. Good luck next year!

Just saw the stats for this game. I knew Rhea ended up with more offense but wow, 346 rushing and 238 passing for a total of 584 yards. The 238 is really impressive considering that Rhea played without its primary go to receiver after the first drive.

SC had 421 total (173 rushing and 248 passing).

All very impressive for Rhea minus what the scoreboard said.