Memphis 1A Basketball.

Galilee

For the last 2 years Mitchell has dominated 1A basketball. This season 16A wil be much, much better. BTW, and Carver are looking very strong. Carver is quick and can shoot the 3. Mitchell is solid again with Ollison and Lee stepping up from last year. Our freshman class is as good as the Marin, Echols class. They are winning by huge margins. Coach Andre Turner is a workaholic and the boys are responding. Our only loss is to East, the best team in the state. They start 4 D-1 players with a ew on the bench. Penny Hardaway will be hard to beat.

For the last 2 years Mitchell has dominated 1A basketball. This season 16A wil be much, much better. BTW, and Carver are looking very strong. Carver is quick and can shoot the 3. Mitchell is solid again with Ollison and Lee stepping up from last year. Our freshman class is as good as the Marin, Echols class. They are winning by huge margins. Coach Andre Turner is a workaholic and the boys are responding. Our only loss is to East, the best team in the state. They start 4 D-1 players with a ew on the bench. Penny Hardaway will be hard to beat.

1st, what is a ew? 2nd, what do you mean by "Penny Hardaway will be hard to beat"?

BTW congrats on a outstanding FB season. saw coach RS at lunch today. If there is one team to watch out in 16AAA besides East, it is WH. Coach Phillips is an awesome coach and will win big there.

Thanks.

I don't get out to the high school basketball games. I was unaware that Penny was coaching the team at East. So, who is going to coach his AAU team this summer?

It's hard to find schedules online. Where do I get schedules of City of Memphis high school basketball teams?

Edited by kwc

He is doing a great job. We beat them in November in a classic at Gtown Baptist. We played them in the MLK and they drilled us. Penny took away our strength.

Wow what a luxury to have Penny Hardaway as a head coach! Every kid in Memphis should want to play for him I would think. I travel to Memphis from time to time does Mitchell and East play again this year? That would be worth the price of admission!!

Wow what a luxury to have Penny Hardaway as a head coach! Every kid in Memphis should want to play for him I would think. I travel to Memphis from time to time does Mitchell and East play again this year? That would be worth the price of admission!!

No we do not play again. East is more talented than Hamilton last year. When you start 6-0. 6-8 6-8, 6-4, and 6-5 you will be hard to beat. They have at least 5 high D-1 players on that team.