District 6A

JonSnow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really isn't going to matter. Once they get to Mboro and play a team from the West.......it's over, especially one of the Memphis teams. I've been to Mboro the last 3 years and the ONLY team that could compete with the West was Goodpasture in 2014. If somebody is fortunate enough to knock off the Memphis teams in substate then Middle and East will have a chance. Unfortunately those are just the facts. Memphis basketball is at another level! Btw, I don't live in Memphis!

You're probably right but that was kind of pointless to comment on here. We're just talking about the district. By the way, Van Buren beat Goodpasture last year to make it to the state tournament bud.

Just trying to add a little flavor to the district conversation. Heck, we rarely ever have a chance to get to Mboro because of the Memphis teams! At least you guys get to enjoy the experience of being there and btw, Goodpasture was a good team last year but nowhere near the team of 2014. I hope you guys get there and beat the Memphis teams. You never know what kid is going to switch schools in Memphis and all of a sudden that team is dominant. Only in Memphis can they get away with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like ole VB got the better of the first match up. Any time you can get a win on the road against a district rival is a good win. Looks like it is as the first post suggested a two horse race between these two teams and I still believe vb is the favorite.

Edited by Sacremento

You can't look at it like that. If their "highest scoring player" would've played we still would have won. You can't say just cause he supposedly scores 25 a game and we won by 20 that it would have been different. We would have made adjustments around this player and defended him. I thought the harvest kid was like a district player of the year or something last year. He played. Is he not their highest scoring player?