Jo Byrns 2016

MOTO24

Always read the T frequently in the off season, looks like some great story lines across the state this year, the west still seems to be loaded so whoever runs the gauntlet in November will have surely been tested !

Now on to the Devils:

2016 edition will bring a very capable sr tandem of rb's, got some youth up front thats got to grow up pretty fast, QB looks to have the potential to be very effecient, will improve with reps, D should be pretty gud once a cpl starters get back in a cpl weeks,, experience at wr and cb positions, a Jr. And soph, either can make u pay on any given play on either side of the ball,,,,Moto echo me on this if I'm correct ! The kid you and I was impressed with on D will definately be welcome ! All and all alot of ifs and question marks remain until we see how this team is gunna gel and mature, and we definately need to stay healthy ! I say when you play the Devils this yr you will play a very scrappy bunch, looks to be a gud group of kids working hard to get better,,, with a lil luck the Devils could have a pretty gud season.

Nutn like the Friday night lights !

Its football time in TENNESSEE

So JB has still has guys out with injury and were still able to beat Stewart last week? Thats impressive considering they're a 1A school.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sir! The d-linemen (#63) was pretty much unblockable against Stewart Co. last week. He played with a lot of effort and with his good size that makes it tough for opposing teams to block him. I'd like to see him and the Staats kid from H20 (who's committed to Air Force) lock horns this week. What would really be a nice match up is the Staats kid vs. John Henry Dowlen. You'd have Staats at about 6-5 265 vs. about 6-4 235 (I'm guessing, he's a big ol' boy). It won't happen since our guy is out but it'd be fun to watch.

JB will definitely be tested tomorrow against H20. We should know a lot more about JB's abilities after tomorrow's scrimmage.

Yep ! H2O has an experienced group returning and according to predictions, shud make a run when the playoffs begin,, be a gud scrimmage for us to see where we're at

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to watching a game that counts tonight!  I'm expecting a JB win but after getting smoked 20-0 in the jamboree (by a White House team that's not supposed to be all that good this year) I have my doubts.  I expected our offense to struggle early on since we replaced 4 of 5 offensive linemen but I didn't expect our defense to give up 20.  Cheatham Co. isn't on White House's level  so things should be a little easier for the Devils tonight.  Clarksville Academy beat CC 24-14 in the jamboree.  I'm curious to see what JB can do...

Should be a physical game. I was told cheatham did pretty well against Montgomery Central a few weeks ago. Their qb being the key player. Trying to decide if I wanna travel to Ashland City to catch this game or the Central/Stewart game. Hoping for no injuries and that I stay dry.

Yeah I'm told CC's QB is the real deal!  JB will have it's hands full trying to keep him in check.

Well last Friday night was ugly for the Devils.  I'd have to say that's the worst opening game performance I've seen out of a JB team in years.  JB's first team pretty much got mercy-ruled by CC's first team.  It's going to be a LONG year for JB.  We will be region bottom feeders in all likelihood.  The only way JB stays out of the bottom half of the region is if RB Mikey Chennault drags them their.  

We're playing with a lot of young guys who aren't very developed.  They lack physicality and seem to be playing frustrated.  They need to get more physical and know that they're going to be in a fight the entire game.

Well last Friday night was ugly for the Devils.  I'd have to say that's the worst opening game performance I've seen out of a JB team in years.  JB's first team pretty much got mercy-ruled by CC's first team.  It's going to be a LONG year for JB.  We will be region bottom feeders in all likelihood.  The only way JB stays out of the bottom half of the region is if RB Mikey Chennault drags them their.  

We're playing with a lot of young guys who aren't very developed.  They lack physicality and seem to be playing frustrated.  They need to get more physical and know that they're going to be in a fight the entire game.

Its week 1 Moto keep your head up! I still dont think you guys will be at the bottom! You guys will improve weekly! You got a good coach!