The Haven 2016

kwc

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Da haven LB Aubrey Miller is raking in the offers as he wins MVP at the rivals camp in New Orleans...

I see. Way to go Aubrey. You just have to love everything about this young man. Size, speed, intensity, focus. He plays with wild abandon on special teams. I'm glad to see him doing well. Let's see who joins Memphis with the schollys.

Edited by kwc

Whitehaven's HC, coach Saulsberry, and the current Whitehaven football team is putting in the necessary work to get these young men recruited. I don't think there is another coach in high school football in Tennessee who puts in the time, effort, travel, networking, that coach Saulsberry does. He takes players to the Rivals camps in neighboring cities. Jr. LB Aubrey Miller won MVP in New Orleans. The work done by him is measured in scholarships that his players receive. They see him working on their behalves which in turn gives them incentive to become leaders and do off-season work effortlessly. It's a win-win situation.

I salute you coach Saulsberry. I see the work you put in. Big Kudos. You've done well to teach these young men and their parents about the game of getting recruited. It's not by happenstance Whitehaven has a lot of players sign for schollys. It's during times like these when the work gets done.

When the players see their HC GRINDING like this ... what do you think it does for them to see him put in the work like this? Leaders LEAD.

Keep grinding coach!

Whitehaven Football Twitter Feed

Edited by kwc

• 2 weeks later...

We need to add the QB to the list of 2015 football players to receive scholly's. QB, Darrion Cole, signed a LOI to play at Lincoln University according Darrion's and the Whitehaven Twitter feeds respectively. Congrats to young Mr. Cole.

That brings the total up to 11 young men off of this 2015 roster. Fantastic!

Whitehaven's Football Twitter

Darrion Cole's Twitter

Well, well, well ... things are just getting betterer and betterer. (Yeah, I just made that word up! ... lol). According to the Whitehaven Football Twitter feed, we need to add two more players to the list of scholarship recipients from this 2015 football team! It seems that our TE, Marvin Rudd just signed a LOI to play football at Bethel University and one of our OL, Myles Sails, signed a LOI to play football at Maryville College.

Congrats to Marvin Rudd and Myles Sails!!

That takes the number of scholarships to 13 for this team. That's freakin' awesome!!!! Keep grinding coach Saulsberry. Keep grinding Whitehaven coaches. Keep grinding Whitehaven football players. Man ... you just know that the parents of the underclassmen, as well as, the underclassmen, along with possible future Whitehaven players and parents are taking notice!

Myles Sails' Twitter

Marvin Rudd's Twitter

Edited by kwc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was in the Wednesday, April 12th printing of the Commercial Appeal.

EX-LB HARRIS JOINS ATHLETIC DEPT.

Former Memphis linebacker Charles Harris has been hired as an athletic development coordinator with the school's Tiger Scholarship Fund, the school announced. His first day was Monday.

Harris, who played in 49 games and made 237 tackles during his career at Memphis, graduated magna cum laude with a degree in sport and leisure management in 2014. A Whitehaven High School product, he will help with fundraising for the Tiger Scholarship Fund, which helps provide tuition for nearly 400 student-athletes across the school's 19 Division 1 sports.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's just FYI for all of Whitehaven folk who maybe didn't know what Mr. Harris is up to these days.

Edited by kwc

Well, well, well ... things are just getting betterer and betterer. (Yeah, I just made that word up! ... lol). According to the Whitehaven Football Twitter feed, we need to add two more players to the list of scholarship recipients from this 2015 football team! It seems that our TE, Marvin Rudd just signed a LOI to play football at Bethel University and one of our OL, Myles Sails, signed a LOI to play football at Maryville College.

Congrats to Marvin Rudd and Myles Sails!!

That takes the number of scholarships to 13 for this team. That's freakin' awesome!!!! Keep grinding coach Saulsberry. Keep grinding Whitehaven coaches. Keep grinding Whitehaven football players. Man ... you just know that the parents of the underclassmen, as well as, the underclassmen, along with possible future Whitehaven players and parents are taking notice!

Myles Sails' Twitter

Marvin Rudd's Twitter

My my my my my ... the number keeps growing. It seems that Isaac White has received a scholarship offer to play football at Coahoma Community College. That increases the number of players off of the 2015 Whitehaven senior class to 14. This is just ... wow! Go to Coahoma and represent young man. Keep grinding at the Whitehaven coaches, players, and parents. It's a wonderful thing to get a scholarship to a place of higher learning to do something that you love! That's another Whitehaven DB getting a scholly! That's four (4) off of this one team. (Actually it's five (5) if you throw in Kerrick Jones. I know it says WR besides his name, but he's actually a better DB and that is what he's probably going to play in college) It's official ... Whitehaven is DB (Defensive Back) high school!

Congrats to Isaac White IV!!!

Whitehaven High School Football Twitter

Isaac White's Twitter

Isaac White's HUDL highlights

Edited by kwc