The Haven 2016

kwc

It's good to see that so far LB, Aubrey Miller, DE, J'Len Smith, LB, Vontavious Thacker, DB, Jabril Malone, RB, Kylan Watkins, OL, William Whitfield, OL, Anthony Geter, DL, Shabar Wilson, and DL, Taylor Walton have all received scholarship offers to play college football. That's great to see!

Now I'm watching to see if RB/FB, Tyrone Cason,  DB, Deniro Tillman, WR/DB, Kenneth Garret, WR Makerion Johnson, WR, C.J. Biggins, OL Darrick Jackson, and WR Kadedrick Richardson will receive any offers before it is all said and done.

Keep grinding ya'll ... keep grinding!

Edited by kwc

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see where Whitehaven's own Mose Frazier signed-on with the Denver Broncos as a free agent. That's smart of Denver to get a receiver to whom Paxton Lynch already knows and has confidence in. I think that is a smart move by the Broncos because Mose can catch the ball!. This is Mose opportunity to shine!

Very good scrimmage both teams really got after it. I think both teams should be in the hunt in November!!!

I couldn't make it but I've heard a lot of good things about the scrimmage. The QB race is still going on strong but it seems that there is some narrowing of focus. We will once again be one of the teams in the hunt. This is exciting. Kylan is looking that much stronger .... now that's just scary!

Quick thoughts on Mose Frazier and more from the NFL draft

Mose-Frazier-signed-scoreca.gif
Posted: May 02, 2016

Five quick thoughts for a Monday:

1. If you had just signed an NFL contract, would you show up for your job working behind the desk at the Aububon golf course? Mose Frazier did.

2. Here's an E-mail I received from Dan Murchison Sunday about his encounter with Mose:

"Sometimes things happen that make a college football fan proud in a way that can even be more powerful than a big win. As I was paying for my round of golf this morning in the clubhouse I quickly realized who was behind the register. It was a young man who had been signed as a free agent by the Denver Broncos twelve hours earlier and still showed up on time at 7 a.m. the next morning to his job at a public golf course. His co-workers made it a point to drive that fact home to me.

"The young man I'm talking about is Mose Frazier, Paxton Lynch's top receiver, who led the University of Memphis in receptions last year with 70 catches for 799 yards. Here he his, on the brink of getting the opportunity to play wide receiver for the defending Super Bowl champions, and still had the work ethic and integrity to honor his commitment to his day job the very next morning. It doesn't take a guru of any kind to see the value of someone with such high character.

"I feel it is important to share this story. Anyone can take a lesson on humility from this to always diversify your options and never take anything for granted."

3. I couldn't agree more with Dan. Here's a column I wrote about Mose and his job at Audubon earlier this year. 

4. Interesting story out of Dallas, where Jerry Jones is reportedly crestfallen he wasn't able to trade up to get Paxton Lynch. According to Peter King of Sports Illustrated, Dallas had Lynch rated as the 12th best player in the draft.

5. For the second consecutive year, Tennessee didn't have a player drafted. That will change next year, when early mock drafts have Derek Barnett and Cameron Sutton in the first round, but it goes a long way toward explaining Tennessee's recent struggles. Oh, and Ole Miss should be back in the national spotlight next year, when Chad Kelly is expected to go in the first round. Here's hoping he learns a valuable lesson and guards his Twitter and Instagram passwords.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this was a very nice piece written by Geoff Calkins of the Commercial Appeal. Whitehaven's very own Mose Frazier is doing things the right way. I'm glad this was highlighted about this wonderful young man.

Edited by kwc

I always give credit where it's due...C.R.the RB from trezvant is a pure stud. I didn't realize how big he was til standing next to him. He made some good runs and was a load to bring down..Aubrey Miller hit him like a mack truck and didn go down with first contact..but we held him in check. The D was swarming, had a couple plays against us but can be fixed...but trezvant does what they do, small in numbers but hard nose tough kids..spring was good, and yes we should be excited about next season. ..I know I am..

I always give credit where it's due...C.R.the RB from trezvant is a pure stud. I didn't realize how big he was til standing next to him. He made some good runs and was a load to bring down..Aubrey Miller hit him like a mack truck and didn go down with first contact..but we held him in check. The D was swarming, had a couple plays against us but can be fixed...but trezvant does what they do, small in numbers but hard nose tough kids..spring was good, and yes we should be excited about next season. ..I know I am..

Yeah ... I agree. I'm excited as well. It is always good when your guys get to spar with a RB of that caliber. I'm quite sure Aubrey was like ... "Man!, I just hit him with everything I got and he shook it off like I was a bug and he was the windshield of a car going 60!" ... LOL. That has to be an EYE OPENER!

I was told that J'Len is moving to LB, and sophomore Cormantae Hamilton is taking his spot at the DE position. I've seen the footage of Cormantae from his JV days .... that's a man-child if I ever saw one. I like that move because it's gets both of those studs on the field at the same time. Not to mention ... I think Cormantae give us a very good option at the receiver position. He's a legitimate receiver with hands, size AND athleticism.  He's a mis-match, either on the wing or playing tight on the line. The possibilities are endless with him.

I've been told that one Mr. Tyler Hunter is a beast in the weight room. Can you confirm if he's the strongest on the team? That would truly be amazing that a sophomore MLB is the man in the weight room. I see why we couldn't keep him off of the field as a freshman last year. He was willing to do the dirty work. I also heard that Kylan is also becoming a beast in the weight room. That's EXACTLY what we need from him. He's already got the elusiveness and the wiggle to him. Added strength is a bonus.

I have a question for you coach10ac ... what number does the WR wear who wore #2 on the JV squad last year? Every JV clip I've seen of the JV QBs have him in their clips with him being a main receiver. I saw him catch a lot of quick hitches and slants. He looked like he was about 5'11" and about 160 to 165 lbs. Very fast with good hands. Did he wear #17 in the scrimmage against Trezevant? I figure that's him ... but I'm not sure. If that's the case MAN are we loaded at the WR position.

Edited by kwc

I don't know if Tyler is the strongest on the team but you can look at him an see the work he had put in...he is a competitive young man...he is really trying to make his mark throwing the shot put so he been working...far as JV goes, dude you talking about ahe's ago...I may ask next time I go to the school..it can be one or 2 people...but yea we have a nice group of Wr..

I don't know if Tyler is the strongest on the team but you can look at him an see the work he had put in...he is a competitive young man...he is really trying to make his mark throwing the shot put so he been working...far as JV goes, dude you talking about ahe's ago...I may ask next time I go to the school..it can be one or 2 people...but yea we have a nice group of Wr..

Yeah, do that if you don't mind because I'm just curious about who he is. He's caught my attention. Using last year's jersey numbers and the jersey numbers from the scrimmage I count #85, #16 who also wore #83, #9, #84, #17, and Cormantie. That's six (6) WR we can use at any given time in any formation and throw the ball to any of them. They all can catch the rock. I guess the question is who is going to throw the ball to them? That's the million dollar question now isn't it?