District 14 AA Who wins regular season and tournament?

WestTNHoopsFan

Haywood is getting worse. I thought they would be a state title favorite coming into the season, but they look so average. They just don't have that fire in them right now. They still have time to right the ship though. They could finish 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in 15-AA.

Ended up first place in th district. Tough to lose 9 seniors off a state championship team and remain dominant. Guys are gelling together and getting it done. Might not be pretty all the time but it's working. Can't get any better than first in the district. Now let's see what the tournament holds.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish you guys were right. Both games will be blowouts. 20+ in both. FW and SS have too many athletes. No excitement in these games

Man, I'd like to think so, but coming from a former player's point of view, tournament time is different and Lexington and McNairy have been playing a lot better and a lot harder toward the end of the season. 

So what are the chances that Lexington and McNairy win tonight?

Going undefeated is tough. It is tough because every game you play that adds bulletin board material for you opponent. McNairy plays hard and have a few kids that are streaky and good athletes. They have a chance. Lexington playing much better. They are completely different than a month or so ago both with who is playing and how they play. FW with Norment and Jackson will be a huge challenge. The margin of error will be very small for both MC and LEX but they both have a chance. I like Lexington chances better than McNairy. Cool thing about Basketball is game planning and execution can win a game for you. We will see in a few hours. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.