Sullivan Central Football Head Coach Opening

GoVols119

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how much interest there will be in this position. Whoever takes it will be the odd man out in 2019 when the new high school opens. I think Haney and Norris just will have too much seniority on whoever takes this position. Honestly think that Noris will probably go back to DB at that point in time.

Is the new school going to happen for sure, or are you speculating?     I have been hearing talk for about a year now but never saw where it was approved.

Is the new school going to happen for sure, or are you speculating? I have been hearing talk for about a year now but never saw where it was approved.

Short of some sort of economic implosion that affects the U.S. as a whole and affects the ability of the county to borrow money - this is happening. Looking at 2019 or 2020 to open. Latest word is that it will be somewhere around Northeast State C.C. area. This is not a rumor.

• 1 month later...

Short of some sort of economic implosion that affects the U.S. as a whole and affects the ability of the county to borrow money - this is happening. Looking at 2019 or 2020 to open. Latest word is that it will be somewhere around Northeast State C.C. area. This is not a rumor.

RebRaider are you excited about this happening or do you like it the way it is now.

RebRaider are you excited about this happening or do you like it the way it is now.

Something needed to be done but personally I wish that the folks in Bloomingdale hadn't raised such a fuss when they proposed sending the kids at North over to South and having 3 county high schools. Instead we got a big county-wide study and the kids in Bloomingdale are having to go all the way to the airport area. I still have one kid who will graduate from South and with my job being in Kingsport it has been real convenient for me. I would not have fussed much if the decision had been made to send the high schoolers to North for the same reason as long as they would have been able to restore all the programs there that they have had to stop due to dwindling student population at North. Instead, for anyone who has a Kingsport centric life they will now have to shuttle all the way out to the airport all the time which will not be convenient. I would not like that but I won't have to deal with it. The facilities at South are fairly nice for a county school and there is a fair amount of community support. Academics have been very good too. I just don't know if that same level of "community" support will extend that far out. I honestly detest the Kingsport government that has decimated the county schools by only taking in what they want over the western part of the county and leaving these little pockets of population scattered out over a wide geographic area for the county to deal with. Edited by RebRaider85