Union City Basketball

stock68

I watched the UC vs Humboldt game a couple of weeks ago at UC.

Here is my take. UC isn't nearly as good as last year. They are still a very good team but definitely a notch below last year. Weddle is the X factor. He can shoot it and shoot it deep. If he's on they could be dangerous. They do not have great size but they do have adequate size. Their bench is solid but doesn't appear as deep as last year. I do believe it will be UC and Halls in District finals and Region finals. Hard to replace Stockdale, Simpson and Deberry.

Humboldt is still a year away from being great in my opinion. UC ended up winning by 15 but Humboldt was in the game the whole way. Humboldt is fast and athletic. They are not huge but have decent size. Abernathy is an outstanding coach and will have them ready. I don't think they will get out of region but I do think they will make it to semis of region. I think a good strong zone defense will shut Humboldt down this year. Probably not next year.

It was a great, competitive game. I've seen these two teams play each other the last 4 years and it's always a battle! Good luck to both teams!

Mitchell and UC were so much better than any other 1A schools last year. This year they are not as good. Both lost a lot and my question has the talent gap closed enough to unseat them?  UC dominated their region as did Mitchell. I do see Halls, TCA, Middleton, BTW, and Humboldt much improved, but is it enough I don't know. In a few weeks we all will know. 1A is more wide open this year. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Shelby County Schools the only system with open enrollment. We do not get the best talent. Optional schools do. East, Whutehaven, Cantral and the 3A schools Hamilton, Southind, Germantown, Houston, Arlington, Cordova, and the privates.

Arlington and Houston are not in Shelby Co Schools.

Germantown offers International Baccalaureate and Creative/Performing Arts as their option. You have to apply and try out to be accepted at GHS. One of our JV players is an IB kid. None of our other guys are optional students.

Wooddale is an optional school and they're terrible. Ridgeway and Kingsbury are optional and their not very good either.

Galilee I usually agree with most things you say but I just can't here. 

Arlington and Houston are not in Shelby Co Schools.

Germantown offers International Baccalaureate and Creative/Performing Arts as their option. You have to apply and try out to be accepted at GHS. One of our JV players is an IB kid. None of our other guys are optional students.

Wooddale is an optional school and they're terrible. Ridgeway and Kingsbury are optional and their not very good either.

Galilee I usually agree with most things you say but I just can't here. 

My fault for the technically..LOL They play in a league that consists of schools in Shelby County. My point was those school are perceived as a better school than Mitchell.

I suggest that you guys that a look at the Seniors from Halls... Tavon King and Malik Rogers. Awesome shooters... LET ME SAY THIS... ALL of Halls boys can score in double digits on any given night. I only made mention of the seniors because this is their last year.

How many starters does Halls return from last year?