AA substate prediction

Basketball102

Kudos to CPA and Coach M, missing state by a whisper with a team which everyone thought couldn't get out of district due to loosing 2 stars. Sometimes a team gets better when star players leave because it elevates everyone else's game who come back.

you are way underselling the players they had. Even without the dominant post player, they still had the best talent in their district. The point guard they  "settled" for might not have the size to play major college ball, but I am not sure he was not a better high school point guard than the one he replaced. I don't know anyone who thought they would not advance out of the district with the best talent of any team. It would have been hard to miss making the top 4.

They had a good season, and played well together. Adjusting the game plan to match the talent is part and parcel of coaching high school ball. By and large, they beat the teams with less talent, and lost to the ones with more. There was a quality win over Ensworth, and a nonquality loss to Ridgeway. I was still sort of surprised they did not make it to the state tournament.