Hampton Post Season 2016

uknoit2

Well, glad that's over!

We sure came out flat and pretty much stayed that way! NG must've shot 80+% and we gave up WAYYYY too easy layups.

Something about playing a Greene County in post season! But it's good to play that bad and still win by 12.

I'd say we play much better Tuesday

I hate playing the region tourny at CD. It's a great gym and cool atmosphere and a good central local...BUT having to play Greene County Schools in Greene County! Everyone knows how that usually goes!

I hate playing the region tourny at CD. It's a great gym and cool atmosphere and a good central local...BUT having to play Greene County Schools in Greene County! Everyone knows how that usually goes!

But where else could you? I've always thought Cherokee was a possibility. Within an hour and a half of everyone but Cloudland, and possibly Berean? (Not sure which part of Knoxville they are located.)

But where else could you? I've always thought Cherokee was a possibility. Within an hour and a half of everyone but Cloudland, and possibly Berean? (Not sure which part of Knoxville they are located.)

I agree it is the most centrally located. Cherokee wouldn't be bad. Not sure how long it would take cloudland to get there but i would think berean could make it in less than 2 hours..Cocke County highschool would be good. It's a nice gym with tons of parking. We wouldn't have as big of a county advantage as greene county. We're not exactly well thought of over in Newport! We had district tourny at Grainger a few years ago it's nice there. How long would it take you guys to get there? Edited by old24eagle

I agree it is the most centrally located. Cherokee wouldn't be bad. Not sure how long it would take cloudland to get there but i would think berean could make it in less than 2 hours..Cocke County highschool would be good. It's a nice gym with tons of parking. We wouldn't have as big of a county advantage as greene county. We're not exactly well thought of over in Newport! We had district tourny at Grainger a few years ago it's nice there. How long would it take you guys to get there?

It takes me about 1 hour 10-15 minutes to get to Cherokee High School, and I am located just on the Elizabethton side of the mountain you cut through to get to Hampton. So add 5 minutes to the drive to there from Hampton. Another 15 or so added from Roan Man.

I google mapped Berean, and it said it would be a 65 minute drive for them.

Rainy Sunday with nothing to do till the baseball meeting, so I google mapped it.

To Cherokee High School:

From Cosby - Just over an hour

From Washburn - 50 minutes

From Northview - 55 minutes

From Sneedville - 50 minutes

From TSD - 1 hour 15 minutes

From Berean - 65 minutes

From Clinch - 35 minutes

Unaka- 1 hour 15 minutes

Hampton - 1 hour 15 minutes

Cloudland - 1 hour 25 minutes

SG - 45 minutes

NG - 30 minutes

UH - 1 hour

Uhhhhhh, it's at CD MIDDLE School this year...Nothing good nor nice about that place

I would pick watching a game at CDMS over CDHS 8 days a week. The atmosphere is great, it's loud, it's hot, and it's an easier gym to shoot in. The high school gym has the personality of a white crayon. It does absolutely nothing for me. Plus less shots fall in that gym.

But on the downside, I feel the middle school gym just doesn't have the amount of seating needed (always seems like it is about 100-200 seats short, especially on semi-final night when you can potentially have 4-6 fan bases there.) And parking is a nightmare on a good day, and it's exponentially worse when AA is at the high school.

I would pick watching a game at CDMS over CDHS 8 days a week. The atmosphere is great, it's loud, it's hot, and it's an easier gym to shoot in. The high school gym has the personality of a white crayon. It does absolutely nothing for me. Plus less shots fall in that gym.

But on the downside, I feel the middle school gym just doesn't have the amount of seating needed (always seems like it is about 100-200 seats short, especially on semi-final night when you can potentially have 4-6 fan bases there.) And parking is a nightmare, and it's exponentially worse when AA is at the high school.

It's very true about the new gym. It's fairly nice, but in a cookie-cutter sort of way. Actually most gyms around are too small to host these tourneys on semis night. The old gym does have some charm to it (some, I say), and teams seem to shoot better there. Parking is abysmal at either place, though.

But on the downside, I feel the middle school gym just doesn't have the amount of seating needed (always seems like it is about 100-200 seats short, especially on semi-final night when you can potentially have 4-6 fan bases there.) And parking is a nightmare on a good day, and it's exponentially worse when AA is at the high school.

Exponentially?? C'mon man, we've got roan mountain people on here. How about increasingly :)
  • Upvote 1