District 1a 2016

Rebel82

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always nice to see an underdog win. As long as it's not against your team. ;)

They've been getting closer.  That one coach they had for a while did a decent job getting them closer.  That last step is the hardest to make.  We will see if this continues or if they are just flash in the pan.  They playing with a bunch of seniors?

South Greene and North Greene will meet for the 5th time Wednesday night in the region 1-A championship. NG made a game out of it in the district championship before falling behind in the 4th qtr.

Any opinions from 3-A on how the Substate games will go? Who do you believe will be hosting between Harriman and Midway and how do they stack up against 1-A?

South Greene and North Greene will meet for the 5th time Wednesday night in the region 1-A championship. NG made a game out of it in the district championship before falling behind in the 4th qtr.

Any opinions from 3-A on how the Substate games will go? Who do you believe will be hosting between Harriman and Midway and how do they stack up against 1-A?

I think Harriman's hot play continues and they knock off the Waves tonight! For where this girls program was 5 years ago and to see where they are now, it's nothing short of excellent. Coach Jones has done an outstanding job and I couldn't be more proud of him and the job he's done!

As for sub-state matchups I'm not sure if anything about your region up there. Our girls (Harriman) have 3 girls that are roughly around 6 feet tall and have a guard in Monkhouse that can shoot. I would say we usually go 8 deep on most nights. Inside game is decent, 2 of our big girls (Duncan and Franklin) have the ability to score inside and out and they have to be guarded fairly close. Duncan will pull from about anywhere as she's the most effective player on most nights for the Lady Devils.

If North Greene is making their shots, they can really turn it on and could make a good game of it. They also bring a huuuuge, intimidating crowd. I really don't know how that game will go. Having not seen Harriman, it is hard for me to make a call on that one, but I'm thinking it will be a close one.

SG is playing amazing right now. They blew through the regional tournament like it was a game of Candy Land. Tonight was by far their toughest game and they won by 38. They look like they have never wanted anything more. If they keep that intensity up, they will breeze by Midway and will be a force to be reckoned with at state.

Edited by Rebel82

If North Greene is making their shots, they can really turn it on and could make a good game of it. They also bring a huuuuge, intimidating crowd. I really don't know how that game will go. Having not seen Harriman, it is hard for me to make a call on that one, but I'm thinking it will be a close one.

SG is playing amazing right now. They blew through the regional tournament like it was a game of Candy Land. Tonight was by far their toughest game and they won by 38. They look like they have never wanted anything more. If they keep that intensity up, they will breeze by Midway and will be a force to be reckoned with at state.

Midway will give South Greene a great game, but based off what I know I will go with South Greene at home.

I love to hear that North Greene will bring a big crowd because we have the biggest gym in our area! We as well will bring a big crowd as this is the first time playing sub-state in 13 years if I'm not mistaken! Richard Pickell will be rocking on Saturday night and I'm predicting the Lady Devils will stay hot and advance to the Glass House for a spot in the State Tournament! I couldn't be more proud of these girls and what they've accomplished!

Midway will give South Greene a great game, but based off what I know I will go with South Greene at home.

I love to hear that North Greene will bring a big crowd because we have the biggest gym in our area! We as well will bring a big crowd as this is the first time playing sub-state in 13 years if I'm not mistaken! Richard Pickell will be rocking on Saturday night and I'm predicting the Lady Devils will stay hot and advance to the Glass House for a spot in the State Tournament! I couldn't be more proud of these girls and what they've accomplished!

Good luck to your girls. I know it means a lot to be hosting a substate game for them. I will be at SG Saturday cheering for the Lady Rebs. Keep us informed on the game your way, please.

Good luck to your girls. I know it means a lot to be hosting a substate game for them. I will be at SG Saturday cheering for the Lady Rebs. Keep us informed on the game your way, please.

Will do. I got the pleasure of sitting with and chatting with the boys basketball coach from South Greene last night. The guy is a class act along with everyone he had with him. The folks from North Greene were very classy as well and we look forward to welcoming you to Harriman on Saturday! I'll definitely post frequent updates for you guys! Good luck to each team as it's an honor to be in the sub-state games!

Edited by SportsnetWriter2