Collinwood Seniors part2

Roids3

I would like to say that I fell like that i need to come on here and say I appreciate all the seniors that played this year.I thought I would do that since the two that vic was willing to say is 4 and 11.Well there are others that played and without them we wouldn't have made it as far.Well thats the only two VIC has talked about all year he has never mentioned the senior linemen that block there butts off every single night so his son and Jonathon can get the praise.Dont get me wrong Jonathon an Jacob are good players, but not even Micheal Vick can do all Jonathon has done without linemen.I would Just like recognize the other senoirs,#74 Kevin Richardson, #55 Eric Banks, #68 Zac Davis, #85 Jarred Bordan, #2 Rocky Mcfall, #3 Scottie Rich.

All of these players were there busting thier butts the other night too.Just thought I would add that.

Guest region4fan

You are right, w/o offensive linemen the Qb and Backs cannot do anything at all. They often get over-looked by the fans, media, and just everyone in general. A good QB and TB know that praise is always due to the line. The more praise and credit that the QB gives his line ....well the better they will do for him. I remember once a wonderful pro phenomenom...goes by the name Jerry Rice.....ever heard of him......took the whole O-line to Hawaii as a thank-you gift for his wonderful year.( Jerry was going to the Pro-Bowl there and thought they all had helped him make it.) That is the stuff that we need to hear about!

Thanks for bringing up these g uys. Hopefully they will read your post and appreciate your words.Good Luck!!! A good mark for you!

[Edited by region4fan on 11-16-02 10:08A]

Guest ChipBroome

I totally agree with you Roids. The whole team should get credit. I am glad that last year a lineman was recoginized for what he did on the line. Luker was named Mr Football. You can bet that the scouts sees what others don't see. I am sure that Vic is proud of his son, like I am proud of #3 Scottie Rich. Maybe seeing your post, he will realize it is both lineman and backs that make up the whole team and without the line, the QB can not even get a pass off to number #4 or #1. I believe Shaun Green has really shined in that spot as well. There have been alot of backs that have blocked fOr Jonathan so he could make it to the endzone. I would like to see Jonathan Ward if he wins Mr Football, turn around and give it to the whole team because he didn't do it on his own. Don't get me wrong Jonathan and Victory are excellent players and just like Roids they are some unknown hero's that go unnoticed or hardly thanked for what they do so others like Ward can get all the praise. It is like here in Russellville all you here is Jake Tompkins and you know without pass protection and all the others who block for him, we wouldn't be hearing his name or reading his name in the paper so much. Roids, scouts do see and that is why some of you unsung hero's are going to college.

Oh by the way can some one give me some good marks. I would like to vote but I have no good marks. Can some of you Collinwood homies help me out here.

Guest region4fan

Hey..I just gave you a good mark . Not because you asked , but because your post was a good one. I am from Oakland, hope that was ok to give it to you even if I am not from Collinwood. Good luck to your MR. Football candidate. Maybe he will see your post and do what you said. He should publicly thank the line and other teammates anyway!

[Edited by region4fan on 11-16-02 2:56P]

Obviously you didn't watch me last night because #4 was on his butt all night.Oh yeah was you the one that said I wouldn't have more than three tackles,I believe i had around 7 and your boy #4 had to get a little help from his tackles and they still didn't keep me from hitting your QB.You said you were watching which means you are either a 40 year old fart who never played a down or are a freshmen who will never play a down.Because if you think i got blocked all night than you have no clue what football is.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChipBroome,

Please, please get off of it. You talk like you're related to someone on the team....Why don't you just let some stars enjoy their moments instead of whining constantly about "unsung heroes."...Oh yeah, Scottie I seen you busting heads out there last night... that other guy must've been filling water bottles when that happened...lol.Congratulations to you guys on a spectacular 3 years.

Yes, Yes, it has nothing to do with Jake Tompkins. His offensive line which averages 212.... Go look it up... According to you, they block, throw, run routes, call plays and do everything else.. I'm not saying that lineman have nothing to do with the outcome of a game, but don't you think you're downplaying the other positions a bit?

Scottie,

I posted a thank you to all the seniors in another thread. The only one I have to apoligize to is J. Borden. He was the one name I couldn't think of. I listed all other senior names. You shouldn't get on here and say I don't mention other players unless you've read all the posts. You are correct in saying that all I've talked about is Jacob. Who else should I talk about? He is my son. I do believe your uncle Chip has talked plenty about you and that's great, but I'm not upset because he doesn't talk about Jacob. That's why I'm here. All of ya'll had a great run and I appreciate each and everyone of you. This includes the 9th thru 11th grades also. You younger guys keep pumping and keep the winning tradition going.

Chip,

I don't need to understand how important linemen are. I coach the middle school line and I don't need you telling me that maybe I will realize how important the line is. I know exactly what role a line plays in the outcome of a game. I don't like this negative stuff on here after we lost to end our seniors high school careers. I have never put anyone from our team down. I talk about Jacob because he's my son and Jonathan because he's been around our family and almost like a son as well.

[Edited by vic on 11-17-02 11:49A]

Vic,

I have read several of the post that you have put on here. I can not recall you downing any of the Trojans or for that matter any player on any team. Jacob is your son and you should talk about him. He has had a terrific season and a great high school career which I hope continues. You are one of my favorite post to read. You are always encouraging and atating the facts. Keep up the Good Work!! Good luck to Jacob in finding a school for him he should not have any problem he is a great person, friend and player.