Blackman- Riverdale (rematch)

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

olineathlete,

I know you smarter than your last post! I was trying to not post in this thread, but since I know you I had to respond! Our offense and defense since we played Franklin and Riverdale has IMPROVED LEAPS AND BOUNDS as has our whole team chemistry with the return of Rico! The night that it showed it's first real improvements came against you guys. I think Cookville will also vouch for our defense! I haven't said anything to you about it, but none of you guys ever said we beat ya fair and square and that we beat ya soundly! That was ok b/c we knew what we had accomplished, but when you get on here dogging us and we not only beat you guys but are also playing this week it sounds like sour grapes to me! You know me so you know this in no way is meant to put the Patriots down. You guys are also my guys and I will always be in your corner! Heck I wanted you guys to win so we could have a rematch back at the Inferno! The Warriors may beat us friday, but I'll tell ya one thing this meeting will be totally different than the last one! I know Rico Turner and I was there the last time he played against Riverdale. I remember the look in his eyes after that game, mark my words it's still burning in his heart! He'll leave it all on the field this time and this team feeds off his leadership and intensity! If anyone knows this you do b/c you have played with him!

OK, now that I got that off my chest. Justin I know you and your Dad will probably come to the game so you guys come over and set with us! Tell BIG Smitty and Carl I expect to come see me also! We'll need all the support we can get! :D:):)

See post like that make me so mad. How can you possiblly say rhs-35; BHS-0. Theres no way that will happen. I'll admit their defence is amazing, but so is blackmans if i recall right we beat tha mess outta Oakland. The game might've seemed close, but in the end defense just destroyed Oakland sacking the QB 3 times at the end of the game when you guys were tryin to go down feild. This will be a very close game. Beating Oakland 20 to zip isnt nottin amazing to me... Theres no way RHS will shut out BHS. tHEY MIGHT BEAT US, BUT THEY WONT SHUT US OUT. Remember all the pressure hear is on Riverdale. They wanna lose at home for the first time, and espically not to BLACKMAN. Face it Oakland fans theres a new Battle of the Boro. BLACKMAN AND RIVERDALE. :D:)

Guest region4fan

Hold your horses guys. You did not beat the crap out of Oakland. Beating the crap out of someone is a score along the lines of 40 something to 6. Whoops, wasn't that your score in the first Riverdale game? I know you are going to rant'''oh we did not have Rico." Remember they had just lost Taron Henry! They still killed you guys. Our first game was 17-7.Now we were in the 2nd game all the way til mid 4th quarter e. We beat ourselves with penalties when we almost scored after the half. When we kicked a field goal, it was not blocked..it just was ruled not good. Our defense played well...but they cannot play the whole game especially in bad weather. Our Qb had men wide open with TD all over it. He did not get the ball where it was needed. Maybe he could not see due to the rain. I don't know.Ask anyone from Riverdale how close the game really was and they will tell you. The trouble with you guys is that Riverdale does not hate us. They respect us. We did not turn them in for recruiting like you did.They pray with us after the game.We do not come on here saying"boo hoo no one respects us, boo hoo!" Olineathlete is entitled to his opinion. He is a PLAYER not a fan. He has more knowledge than we have as to a team's strengths and weaknesses.After all he played Blackman with Rico ,and Riverdale twice w/o Taron Henry.Now it is time to see what you guys can do against their adjustments. I still say yall put too much pressure on Rico and if he goes down...so will your team.You are not the Blaze...you are Rico and the Blaze.

And face it, Rico is not Ralph King.Now don't ask for predictions if you don't want them.

region4fan, you are waaaaaay too pessimistic about blackman. i realize that you are only pointing out the facts, but you are missing the point. no one is WHINING. bhs fans are proud of their team. don't let pride deceive you. granted, there was a little exaggerating when blazep said we "killed" oakland. however, that does not mean you have to counteract with pulling up a bhs/rhs score from two months ago. i'm sure everyone at blackman and riverdale is fully aware of the score. your insight is always appreciated, but please, lay off a little. some of these guys are just little freshmen with big hearts and bigger mouths. :D

[Edited by wildlymild on 11-18-02 9:50P]

Ahh, im just sitting here being entertained by all these post, I know all of the players from both Riverdale, and moreso Blackman are reading these and getting motivation. So i want everyone to get on here and say Blackman doesnt have a chance. BTW why is everyone making a big deal about all the Blaze fans talking about Rico so much? Was it not last year where you couldnt here a sentence about Riverdale without hearing anything about Ralph King? So whats the difference, just because Rico and his team havnt won a championship (yet) does that mean we have to wait untill either A-they beat Riverdale and B-they win state, so i guess if that happens it will be ok to talk so highly about him and everyone else saying blah blah its a team and not Rico, sure its a team effort but every team has a key player, a player that everyone talks about. I mean dang guys do you get all on your friends when they talk about the Green Bay Packers and just mention Bret Favre, probably not, so dont say anything when everyone talks about Rico!! In my opinion this Fri in order for us to when 2 things have to happen. 1. the defense steps up and put some licks on Brittin (sry cant spell) and Elliot will have to have a great passing game. But in order for us to have a good passing game that mean Maupin, Merideth, and hmm i dont know if i should say his name, well you know who i am talking about, will have to run well to set up play action and all that good stuff, we are a running team and when we run we pass,and we win. :D

Talk about needing to hold your horses!(lol)just kidding! No one ever said Rico was the whole team but you! I said since he has came back his leadership and intensity has greatly improved our team as a whole! Facts are facts! You can go back and look the stats don't lie! And wildlymild is exactly right about some of our younger fans they're just very proud of their team! Please don't tar and feather them for their exuberance! We didn't deny you the joy of being proud of the Patriots! Hey, your a great region 4 fan, you just took my post to my dear friend Justin the wrong way! Hope you come to the game!

Thanks,

slim589 the #1 fan of all the Mustangs in the Boro high schools! :D

Slim, your right. BHS has gotten better. And your right, yall did beat us. However, i do not think that this game will be as close as people are making it out to be. I have respect for Blackman and Riverdale, and i know they are 2 good teams. I assure u, its not sour grapes. Dont u think if it was i would be saying that bhs would win 35-0. I dont have sour grapes. i just dont think that the blaze will be able to win this one. I hope yall prove me wrong. I want the blaze to win, but, when i look at everything....how they match up, i have to give the bigger edge to riverdale. I mean, especially since amburgey is lost, that takes out a dimension to yalls offense. Elliott is a good Qb, but he doesnt have the speed and awareness of amburgey. He is, however, a good qb, and i knew this when i played freshmanball with him. I believe that i was a little off when i said that rhs would win 35-0. I know that bhs has gotten better, and that this game will be closer than that. I think it will be more in the neighborhood of 21-7. 24-14ish. i'll say it again, in my experience with both teams, this is how i feel they match up

Offense-IF AND ONLY IF the o-line of blackman can get the running game going to open up the holes for rico. If not, they are in for a long night. However, if Riverdale can eliminate the penalties they kill themselves with, they should be able to move the ball.

Advantage: Riverdale

Defense- Blackman has some good players. Yall are fairly good at penetrating into the backfield(from the 5 or so games i have seen). If you can do this, then the game could be a lot closer than most think. Riverdale has a strong d-line that collapses into the backfield just as fast as blackman, if not faster. The thing that riverdale does though is they read the fullback first. They take read steps to decided where to go. They are very fast and execute the read defense well. They are also a little more physical up front i believe.

Advantage: Even

Special Teams: Blackman has extremly good special teams(as was proved in the smyrna game, and the winning kick at Cookeville). Their kicker is accurate and has a strong leg. Riverdale, on the other hand, has a fairly good kicker in Campbell. He misses fieldgoals he should make. I think you could attribute that to the fact he is playing both ways.

Advantage: Blackman

Intangibles: Riverdale has been here before, they know what they are doing. Blackman, however, Is in a dogfight to prove themselves. I think that whoever wants it more(blackman does i believe) will have a good shot at winning. Blackman wants to avenge the loss

Advantage: Blackman

These are just my preceptions from playing against them. Feel free to comment

P.s REGION4FAN t hanks for stickin up for me, i appreciate it a whole lot