Blackman- Riverdale (rematch)

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region4Fan, you know me. You've been reading my posts all season. Now listen to me on this one.

Blackman's defense is spectacular. Two overtime stands, in a college format, from the 10 yard line is pretty darn good. Since Rico Turner came back, he's been whipping the players into shape. That is obvious.

The loss of Taron Henry was a big loss to Riverdale. However, their loss came in the middle of the season. They were fresh in the memory of seeing Taron's leg broken and twisted. Blackman's injury to Rico Turner came in the summer. He and Blackman were resigned to the fact that he was out. In the memory of a lost player, aren't you going to want to mutilate your next opponent, to make up for some of the damage from the previous week, especially when it's a close city rival.

Now, let me get what you're saying straight for a moment. We cry that we aren't respected? Well, I don't, but you can darn well bet that we aren't respected at all. One person, I'll bet not one person who's not a staunch Blackman fan will say that Blackman even has a chance. Whereas, if I recall, everyone picked Oakland to win.

Onlineathlete is a player. So was I. I know the game. We both do. We both know that whining doesn't solve anything, actions do. So, Blackman will play Riverdale at Riverdale. And while I won't break my tradition of posting scores until Thursday, I can guarantee you that 22 quarter scoreless streak is coming down.

When I found that Riverdale had been beaten by Lincoln County earlier this season, I said they were overrated. I was wrong. They deserve to be number 4 in the state. However, I do not think them invincible. Anyone who thinks this game is going to be a blowout is going to find themselves sorely mistaken Friday night.

-JohnC

PS-Please note that you said we turned in Riverdale for recruiting. Yet you did not say that they didn't recruit. You said instead, that you prayed with them after games. Sounds to me like you, or Oakland themselves, are saying that Riverdale's recruiting is right. There's nothing wrong with it. At least, that's what it sounded like you were saying.

I'll say a little about Riverdale and yaw correct me if I'm wrong. I think when teams go in Tomahawk they are a little scared. A little scared of the tradition and the power that comes along with the Riverdale worriors. If a team will just stink it up and stop beating around the bush go in there and play physical football with the worriors they would have a good chance of winning. Hit them were it counts, play smash mouth football with them. Any team that is more physical will always win in the end.

Guest region4fan

First of all...I want you to know that I am FIERCELY LOYAL to OAKLAND HIGH SCHOOL!! PERIOD!! When I see that one of our players that played his guts out for our team in every game, scrimmage, and practice is attacked...my gloves go on. I still say that Olineathlets's insight is a better than anyone's on this borad's ...no matter how much football you know. He has been there up close and personal to see. Slim...just because you personally know him does not give you the right to jump him because he does not say what you are wanting to hear.

Now I do like Blackman . But you have had a whole thread dedicated to "BLACKMAN GETS NO RESPECT." Check your search on here to find it. It was started by Blackman , therefore that is where I get my information that people from Blackman WHINE. I have respect for your program. After all, you have ex-Oakland kids on it. You know I have a soft spot for them.

Facts are facts...you beat us. We were ahead at one point, but you fought back. In EVERY game that we lostthis season...it was in the 4th quarter. I am thrilled that Rico is back. It is always great to see a player return from an injury, especially in his senior year. I am standing firm

on that you put too much pressure on that kid. It is great that he gets the intensity up for you....but he should not be the only leader on the field. If he goes down, you are in trouble. Come on...don't you think that Riverdale knows that??( If you also read posts on Murphy Fair..you will see what I mean about everyone carrying on about Rico.)Oakland prides itself on not promoting one player over the others. it is a team effort. You say that Riverdale does it...well that is what I DO NOT like about Riverdale. I am all for a total team effort.

I have stated more than once how good that I think your O-line is. In fact, I have said it is the best in our region.Whether it can handle Riverdale's D-line is a question I am not sure about.

Now I am closing now. I wish your team the best of luck. I do not hate your school.One more thing...who was EVERYONE that picked Oakland to win???Certainly not the 6 on the Daily News, or the Tennessean. Also no one on Inside Sports. Maybe some Blackman fans who thought since they beat us once , they could beat us twice. But certainly no one picked us that really mattered.

Region4fan I have heard just about enough from you. How can you say that we are nothing but "Rico and the Blaze." I believe Friday night was enough proof that they are more than just Rico Turner, Friday night was a total team effort, and they won as a team. Just like theyve been doing all year. I would expect nothing less this Friday. Im not saying they'll beat Riverdale, but if they go down they'll go down as a team. And how in the world can you say when you put pressure on Rico he goes down? When have you ever seen Rico back down from somebody? Ive been playin with Rico since I was 12 years old and I have never seen him back down from anybody, especially anybody from Riverdale or Oakland. If I remember correctly both times he's gone up again Oakland he has run all over them. So I dont think anyone from Oakland has room to talk about Rico Turner. And last but not least, the "respect" thing. Nobody at Blackman gives a hoot if anyone from Riverdale respects them, they dont like us and we dont like them on the field. But I guarantee as soon as the game is over and the pads come off those players are still really good friends. And they respect eachother off the field. But during the game their all going to fight tooth and nail to make sure they dont loose to the other team. Thats what makes great rivalries! Thats why Blackman and Riverdale is the fastest growing rivalry in the state. Ill see yall Friday night!!!! And hey region4fan, if you want to see how real football is played come to Riverdale Friday night.

He has more insight than me. Did you not compliment me on my insight earlier this year. Do not become a hypocrite. I respect you, but the moment I suspect a hypocritical attitude coming from you, that respect will cease.

Players who know the game don't make excuses.

Now, as to the people who thought you could win, I thought you could win. You just shot yourselves in the foot. Great job, your season's over, now please get over it.

If Riverdale wins you will not hear a single peep out of me in the way of an excuse. There won't be one.

The winning of a game depends on desire. Who wants the game more. That's all it boils down to. Oakland, I guess, just didn't want it as bad as Riverdale did. If Blackman looses, that will just prove that Riverdale had more desire than Blackman did.

As to whether or not we could have beaten you had you come to play us again, absolutely. The playoffs isn't the necissary place for a mediocre team.

Blackman 13

Riverdale 9

-JohnC

Whoa whoa whoa Johnny C. Dont get on here callin people hypocrites. I dont think anybody made excuses b/c of us losing. I know i didnt, and i dont think region4fan did. I didnt say one thing about us losing. We got beat, thats it. Ur right, our season is over. But i really didnt see anybody making excuses on why we lost. I saw people saying that we shot ourselves in the foot, but thats not an excuse, its the truth. There is a difference. Bottom line is, dont get on here callin people hypocrites. Espicaly when u dont know them.

The field stunk. . . .We played well but fumbled a few times. . .We had a lot of penalties. . .

Reasons for losing. . .IE: Excuses

I'm going to let my good friend Region4 reply before I respond on my hypocrite comment. He knows better than both you and I what he said. My response, was, after all, directed at him.

-JohnC

PS-One more thing, you never responded on the Riverdale recruitment aspect of my previous post. (Also to Region4)

Guest region4fan

Johnny C....you can call me whatever you like. I did say that you have good insight. I still think that you do. However...I think OLINEATHLETE has a little more than you do as he has played against both of the schools this year. I think that you told me that you were not playing this year. Isn't that right? I think olineathlete has a more objective view as he is a fan of neither school.However, I am NOT saying that you do not know the game of football. You certainly do!

Now onto other things...we will never know whether you would have beaten us if we had played again. We are out , you are in. If you compare scores of common foes...we would be ahead . But that simply does not matter.You are the ones playing, not us.

Now I have read all over the Murphy fAir posts since the season. The point is you were losing and losing big before Rico came back. When he came back, that is when all your fans started carrying on about that You COULD win because Rico is back. I do think that Riverdale will key on Rico and try to shut him down. If their defensive coordinator is worth his salt, he will. I am worried that if Rico gets shut down, your team will fold cause they have made him the center of their being.I NEVER said that Rico was afraid of Riverdale, Oakland , or anyone. I do not know where you came up with that one. Oakland was certainly not afraid of Riverdale. Our desire was there....I don't think we were afraid when we fumbled. It is called wet and muddy and not holding onto the ball. We laid licks on Riverdale in both games. Our boys were not scared. I do not think that Blackman is either.I think Blackman has desire, but so does Riverdale.

Now as for the praying.....if you are saying that because our team prayed with Riverdale that we condone recruiting , you are INSANE!!! I believe that many preachers pray over thieves, murderers, rapists,...but that does not mean that they want to commit that crime. Face it, that was a really ignorant remark that you made. Now, I am not saying that I think Riverdale recruited or not. It is not my call to make. However, I likes the fact that they prayed with us after the game. I think that is great of ANY team!!!I am a big sportmanship kind of person. Like it or not, Riverdale shows some class.

Now I will say it one more time, Johnny C , I think you are a nice young man who loves his team. That is a good thing. I love mine also. We are going to bump heads on some matters along the way. That makes life interesting when all don't think the same. I have my opinion and you have yours. I respect yours, it is up to you whether you respect mine. However, this thread was started by talking about this game. I am trying to do that whether it ruffles feathers or not.GOOD LUCK...I hope you have good weather.

One more thing...I will not stand by ever and let my Patriot players or coaches be attacked by anyone!

[Edited by region4fan on 11-19-02 4:06P]

I am not making excuses for our loss. They beat us twice. You are the ones that are saying...we didn't have Rico!!

[Edited by region4fan on 11-19-02 4:17P]

Guest region4fan

To you Blazer14...What I said about pressure was that I think that it is a shame how much pressure that the Blackman fans are putting on Rico . Not the opposing schools. He is just a kid...a very talented one...but a kid nonetheless. You guys keep posting that you lost to Riverdale...but you did not have Rico. Don't put so much pressure on him. Let him concentrate on his game and he will be fine. You guys like to twist words around. I am glad I am not any of your teachers. You would never get the assignment right because you don't read what is on the actual line. You concentrate too much or reading between the lines.Sorry if you have had enough of me. However, I am just getting warmed up.And thanks for the invite to YOUR game.BUT>>>> I already know how real football is played. I saw Oakland ALL season!!

[Edited by region4fan on 11-19-02 4:45P]

[Edited by region4fan on 11-19-02 4:48P]