Hampton vs Meigs. Replay of 2015 sub state ?

Newsworthy

Well, I'm close to her age and got to watch some Hampton games during Coach Buck's last couple years ('65-'67) coaching there. I also got to watch one of Hampton's greatest, Willie Malone play at ETSU his Senior year in '65.  Willie was on the Hampton team that won State in 1960 - and that was before classifications.

Yep! That 1960's team beat the absolute best team in all TN to win state....and they beat many greats on their way!

I think Meigs knows that Smith will have his team ready and vise versa. But Hampton hasn't met a team like Meigs all year and Meigs has played a great schedule looking forward to the trip to the Boro. Just don't know which of these teams will be there! To close to call!

Here we go again , every year about this time we hear Hampton hasn't faced a team like blah blah blah this year

Edited by HamptonBulldogs1
  • Upvote 1

The only team that even comes close is Grainger... At this time though it comes down to any given night!! I can tell you by seeing both play and watching many Hamptons games it's not like any they have seen in a WHILE!! Not saying the can't hang or even beat Meigs, just a different animal then what they have been playing.

Edited by Newsworthy

Here we go again , every year about this time we hear Hampton hasn't faced a team like blah blah blah this year

We've come to expect it...happens every March...UC was gonna crucify us at state last March because we'd "never seen basketball at that level"...They beat us by 4...Of course they had a "bad game"...Never mind the fact Coby and Stately only combined for 16 points for us!

Ned does well setting his teams up to play EXTREMELY talented teams in spring, summer and early season.

Gotta love how the "Hampton hasn't played anybody like us..." has started already. SIGH. Union City just about made me puke last year with all that crap, and then had to hold on for dear life to beat us by 4. This is really the same team HHS played last year in the sub-state, so it's not like we haven't a clue what we're in for. Sheesh.

We may get slaughtered...But we won't be dismayed

Pretty sure there's not gonna be a slaughter....Best game I've saw all season is what I'm hoping for..... SOS means nothing at this point in the season.

BTW I'm glad to see Jones made it back. Broke my heart to see him have to go out at that Marion Co. game. He's got heart and drive. Nothing but respect for him from me.

• Upvote 1