Oak Ridge vs Dyer Co --State Round 1

tnchad1980

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC is more of who i think will be stronger going in this game. I feel like they've played against some better teams like Memphis schools teams. They will have a crowd for sure. The Lady Choctaws eat off that. It should be a good classic matchup and the game isn't over until its over, we've learned that recently.

I just finished reading many stategazette.com articles on Dyer County. I came away very impressed with this experienced team. This is their first ever trip to State while Oak Ridge has been there many times, however none of the current Lady Wildcats have made the trip to Murfreesboro.

First thing that worries me  is their experience. They also seem to have several players who can hit threes. Oak Ridge did not hit a three Saturday against Kingsport. Finally, they also like to go inside for easy layups.

All in all, I would make Dyer County the favorite but I like Oak Ridge's chance to pull the upset. I am looking forward to seeing what Coach Green does to ready the young Lady Wildcats for this challenge.

RLWR ( Roll Lady Wildcats Roll!)

I just finished reading many stategazette.com articles on Dyer County. I came away very impressed with this experienced team. This is their first ever trip to State while Oak Ridge has been there many times, however none of the current Lady Wildcats have made the trip to Murfreesboro.

First thing that worries me  is their experience. They also seem to have several players who can hit threes. Oak Ridge did not hit a three Saturday against Kingsport. Finally, they also like to go inside for easy layups.

All in all, I would make Dyer County the favorite but I like Oak Ridge's chance to pull the upset. I am looking forward to seeing what Coach Green does to ready the young Lady Wildcats for this challenge.

Hopefully it will be a good game. I feel we ended up in the easier bracket (I'm not complaining  lol) Not to have Riverdale or Memphis central in it was a big thing. 

I mean i wasn't saying that the rest of the teams are bad, it just the top 2 teams are in the same bracket. Its the State Tournament, anything can happen.

Absolutely, any team that is in the tournament is capable of winning it all!!! You don't get this far by being a bad team!!! With it being a 10am game I'm not sure how the OR crowd will be. I'll be there no doubt...but not sure how we will travel.

This will be Oak Ridge's 22nd Tournament Appearance, but as you said no current Lady Wildcat has been here. Last OR appearance was in 2010

Dyer County has a shot to make a run at it... Oak Ridge is very good with the PG and Dowdel, but Dyer County is coming with veteran experience and a strong senior group.

This game will be one of many interesting first round match-ups.

veteran experience is huge in M'boro...lots of teams get overwhelmed by the setting alone!!