Whitehaven @ Arlington

kwc

Putting #22 at TE is a good look but to me shows a lack of depth among the receiving corps... but I am happy to see us playing the best athletes both ways. My only thing is this, #82 should actually be getting some looks at TE. He's actually 6'5"

Just another example of how Coach D, just can't get it right, huh? Now, because Aubrey has played TE on some packages, all of a sudden, there is lack of depth in the receiving corp? How come it can't be Coach D being versatile and finding ways to get playmaker on the field to make plays? The position requires a great deal of physicality, AND, playmaking ability. Aubrey doesn't shrink from the moment. He lives to make plays.

I'm not at practice, but I'm sure they have thought to use Devon at the TE position. We may still see that. But, we know Aubrey has wheels, size, and confidence to do the thing if called upon. He looked like he had been playing that position all of his football playing career when he caught that ball against Florence. I don't know if Devon would bring that to the table, strictly from a pass catching perspective. You gotta catch'em in practice first!

Edited by kwc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have a depth issue at WR...Aubrey is just a different look plus is good with ball in his hands...we are deep in all skill positions...yall didn't even realize #6 safety denero didn play Friday nite. And we still a few weeks from rock coming and when he does you know it's gone be knock out city back at the safety spot...yall also haven't mentioned our speedsterling #9 kenneth who made that big all hands catch Friday night....we got plenty of depth and speed...CJ didn't even play against Mitchell but you couldn't tell...we not lacking anything and leslie is gettin better as the weeks go by.....we will be fine

We don't have a depth issue at WR...Aubrey is just a different look plus is good with ball in his hands...we are deep in all skill positions...yall didn't even realize #6 safety denero didn play Friday nite. And we still a few weeks from rock coming and when he does you know it's gone be knock out city back at the safety spot...yall also haven't mentioned our speedsterling #9 kenneth who made that big all hands catch Friday night....we got plenty of depth and speed...CJ didn't even play against Mitchell but you couldn't tell...we not lacking anything and leslie is gettin better as the weeks go by.....we will be fine

I noticed #6 wasn't out there. I also noticed that #21, #26, and #27 were. I just wasn't going to say anything, but they all stepped up and did just fine. The future look bright when you can plug in a couple of sophomores and a freshman into the starting defensive secondary rotation and just keep on trucking.

Man ... #9 has been making play after play after play all season. You would think by watching film that teams would stop kicking the ball to him. But surprisingly, to my delight ... they continue to kick the ball to him. I'm shocked actually. Also, on offense, you can't favor him defensively, because #2 will burn you. However, I'm still waiting for Megatron to have a breakout game. I agree, we will be fine.

By the way ... how long will Deniro be out?

Edited by kwc

Who wore #18 in the Arlinginton game. He played DE/OLB in the 4th quarter. According to the roster on Ma xx Preps, #18 is Keyshawn Harris, a 5'-8" freshman QB who weighs about 138 lbs. That's not who I saw play in the Arlington game. This guy looked like he was probably about 6'-2" or so. Probably about 200 lbs. or so, I'm thinking he's probably John Monger, who according to the Ma xx Preps roster, is listed as #16.

Nevermind. That's Mathew Robinson. I saw it on Ma xx Preps highlights. I guess he's #51 when he has on his black jersey or something.

Edited by kwc