Whitehaven @ Arlington

kwc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to know that we're working on that functional depth now! I love seeing the young guys on the come up getting that early PT.

Yeah ... Those young guys are getting on the field along with the seniors. Makes our depth more functional as well. We have a variety of subs for any particular position regardless of the package that's on the field ... also, regardless if it is offense or defense. It makes for a long game for our opponents, especially their lineman.

What's up fellow WHS fans and alum. I am super excited about this game. I must admit though that this Arlington QB scares the heck out of me. Many people were making excuses for the Arlington loss last year. But that QB was super special. What made him so effective was his ability to find the OPEN man on the scramble. He did this multiple times as he slipped out of the grip of the Whitehaven defenders. Also, another thing  that I saw was an awesome game plan by the Arlington staff by rolling the QB every play and not letting him sit in the pocket. They knew that if they allow the QB to sit in the pocket, he would be dead meat. So they moved him out of the pocket.

Finally, until they show me differently, I am always concerned with Whitehaven's OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING. As many athletes as Whitehaven has at the WR position, we should be putting up big numbers every game. WE CAN NOT OVERPOWER EVERYBODY. There are going to be some teams (ex: Ravenwood last year) that we can not overpower and run simple plays.

I would like to see more utilization of the talented WRs in more slant routes or mixed direction plays. Something to keep the opponent's defense guessing. I say bring coach Flowers back to call the plays!!!

What's up fellow WHS fans and alum. I am super excited about this game. I must admit though that this Arlington QB scares the heck out of me. Many people were making excuses for the Arlington loss last year. But that QB was super special. What made him so effective was his ability to find the OPEN man on the scramble. He did this multiple times as he slipped out of the grip of the Whitehaven defenders. Also, another thing  that I saw was an awesome game plan by the Arlington staff by rolling the QB every play and not letting him sit in the pocket. They knew that if they allow the QB to sit in the pocket, he would be dead meat. So they moved him out of the pocket.

Finally, until they show me differently, I am always concerned with Whitehaven's OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING. As many athletes as Whitehaven has at the WR position, we should be putting up big numbers every game. WE CAN NOT OVERPOWER EVERYBODY. There are going to be some teams (ex: Ravenwood last year) that we can not overpower and run simple plays.

I would like to see more utilization of the talented WRs in more slant routes or mixed direction plays. Something to keep the opponent's defense guessing. I say bring coach Flowers back to call the plays!!!

As a fellow fan of Chester it would be nice to see him back at Da Haven but he's a Head Coach type guy only. I don't think there's anyway he'd come back as the OC. 

From the Commercial Appeal, written by John Varlas

JUSTIN HUNT

Team, high school: Marshall; Whitehaven

Vitals: 6-3, 203; senior wide receiver

Season-opener: Sept. 10 vs. Morgan State

Prospectus: A big target who will see plenty of the ball after playing a reserve role in 2015 ... Caught 20 passes for 295 yards and four touchdowns while appearing in all 13 games ... Was a standout on Whitehaven's undefeated 2012 state championship team.

Fun fact: Hunt was the AAA state champion in the 110 hurdles as a senior and placed third in the 300 hurdles.

Don't forget my man Justin!

Edited by kwc