Signal Mountain Eagles @ Tyner Rams

TynerRamFan

Polk County rushed for 341 yards on Tyner? That should never happen with the athletes Tyner has each season. Once Wayne leaves that place could be a goldmine to a good young coach.

Have to agree with this. I'm not knocking Coach Turner but Coach Colquette came by one of our practices last year and his words were "The game has passed me by". A good young coach that can connect with the players and Tyner would likely rule the east again. We had a very good team last year and could have very easily lost that qtr final game.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk County rushed for 341 yards on Tyner? That should never happen with the athletes Tyner has each season. Once Wayne leaves that place could be a goldmine to a good young coach.

Tyner may have given up 341 yards of rushing, but they only gave up 7 points. I'm not sure any one coach could do a better job with the stable of athletes at Tyner Academy than ole Neck Beard has over the years. The head coach is certainly critical, but it takes a staff of high quality assistants to move to the next level. Look at Quarles and Rankin. They are both no doubt excellent head coaches, but it is the staff of assistants that they have put together that makes the real difference. Same can be said of your beloved Pirates over the years. With the way the HCDE regulates and pays assistant coaches, no public school in Hamilton county will ever be able to replicate what the private schools and independent school districts are able to do.

I like both these teams and I wish SM parents could realize they have a great coach.  Tyner may be a bit down compared to last year but they may still pull this one out.  Best of luck to both.

North Red Bank Mountain parents ant gonna realize nothing as long as they cant run the show.....that new coach better start goin over to that mountain yacht club and doin some suc up with them mommas or them parents want ever let their kids buy in to what hes tryin to do

this is NRBM's best chance at not havin two 1-9 seasons in a row...if they can curtail the Rams athletes

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Tyner may have given up 341 yards of rushing, but they only gave up 7 points. I'm not sure any one coach could do a better job with the stable of athletes at Tyner Academy than ole Neck Beard has over the years. The head coach is certainly critical, but it takes a staff of high quality assistants to move to the next level. Look at Quarles and Rankin. They are both no doubt excellent head coaches, but it is the staff of assistants that they have put together that makes the real difference. Same can be said of your beloved Pirates over the years. With the way the HCDE regulates and pays assistant coaches, no public school in Hamilton county will ever be able to replicate what the private schools and independent school districts are able to do.

"Co-Sign"!!!

Oh we know we have a good coach! My son didn't play last year buy he went this year and he loves it! He is getting better and better each week and he gives all the credit to Coaching
Staff and a little hard work from each player! He was very disappointed with the lose to EH and ER. but as the ER coach stated in the paper "Coach Wise has a bunch of Warriors  that don't quit" Such a true statement!