8AA 2016-2017

Belsnickel

judging on his soph year? He is 6'8, averaging about 23 ppg, 3 blk, 12 rebounds this year in AA. I would think any team in state would take a talented big man like that, specially single A.

I agree with you UCM. I would bet the main reason Endicott didn't fit in at Celina is that they just wanted to use him to rebound & set picks for Key, & that's OK for some kids but Endicott is a kid that can play & was underutilized at Celina. Kid is doing great at UHS, playing better comp consistently & is used in a much more productive fashion. Players want to play, not watch others play,when one kid shoots over half the shots you got problems, especially if they get in foul trouble, but judging by the Celina scores I doubt they will get in foul trouble given the fact you usually pick up fouls by playing aggressive Defense

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's time to get back at it. 8AA is heading in to finishing the first half of the district games. Upperman goes to Dekalb 1/10 and then Macon on 1/13 at Upperman. Macon and Upperman both 4-0 in the district at this point. Macon will finish up with Dekalb to complete the half way point of their district. Upperman will play York at Upperman to complete the first half of their district.

Upperman 4-0

Macon 4-0

York  3-1 

Smith Co 2-2

Central Mag 1-3

Dekalb 1-3

LA        1-3

Cannon 0-4

What's everyone thoughts? Does the district play out as it is now? I think it does. Upperman and Macon are the top two teams. Is York and Smith the next two? Is the big boy at CM healthy and back to playing. Does he make enough of a difference to move them up in the district?

I hear that the big kid for CM is back now. Geesh...how many close games can CM lose? 

Look at their schedule and results...a bunch of close losses and several of them in district.

Well, I think the district plays out how just how it looks in your list UTRock...i don't see it changing much except I think LA and York could be interchanging. 

Celina has no shot at winning the State Tourny. And Macon Co is weak as water, UHS is the only good team in that District. If anyone thinks that Celina will get past good teams by shooting layups then you are smoking some good stuff, good team won't let them. Size won't be a big deal because let's face it, it's single A basketball & there is very little size in Single A. Celina will probably get to the State Tourny because it's a very easy path for them, but winning it is a completely different story. Saying that I wish them all the best & I hope they do win it all

MCHS 48    Upperman 47----Weak as water?

• Upvote 1

Wow what a game. Easley the most physical game I've seen this year. Keeping in mind I've only seen 4 or 5 regular season games. Macon was not going to let Endicott beat them they doubled and tripled him most of the game. He still had 16 to 20 and maybe that many rebounds. One for sure and maybe two of the Macon big's fouled out 53 & 34. Both teams had some early foul issues with players having 2 fouls in the 1st half.

Macon shot it very well in the 1st half and better than average for the game. It was an exciting back and forth game. You must make foul shots in close games. I hope I can make the next game between them. Congrats Macon.

MCHS 48 Upperman 47----Weak as water?

48-47?.

Yes I would say that is very weak. I have seen these teams play, Uppermans is very vulnerable at the Guards position, but I would bet they will beat Macon by 20 or more next game, 48-47?, Who in the Grand Scheme of things thinks you will survive playing like that when the competition tightens up? You better hope that your region is really bad in order to get to Sub-State. That being said, best of Luck to you and your team the rest of the way

Edited by Hyperquick

48-47?.

Yes I would say that is very weak. I have seen these teams play, Uppermans is very vulnerable at the Guards position, but I would bet they will beat Macon by 20 or more next game, 48-47?, Who in the Grand Scheme of things thinks you will survive playing like that when the competition tightens up? You better hope that your region is really bad in order to get to Sub-State. That being said, best of Luck to you and your team the rest of the way

Could you clarify your post a bit more? It's very contradictory. Edited by MaconVol