Jellico at Greenback

orngnblk

One of our veteran chain guys told the coaches at halftime, that one their guys came off the field with somewhat of a sad face and telling a coach..."Their letting a lineman run the ball"...I honestly felt sorry for them, to have an enrollment the size Oneida and can't get more than maybe 25-30 kids to participate in football...That alone makes it hard to compete with any well seasoned team in 1A.

Edited by cherokean

One of our veteran chain guys told the coaches at halftime, that one their guys came off the field with somewhat of a sad face and telling a coach..."Their letting a lineman run the ball"...I honestly felt sorry for them, to have an enrollment the size Oneida and can't get more than maybe 25-30 kids to participate in football...That alone makes it hard to compete with any well seasoned team in 1A.

Jellico has 40 players, 8 didn't play tonight, 6 was starters, They still would have loss but Jellico would have been better if they had played,

Jellico has 40 players, 8 didn't play tonight, 6 was starters, They still would have loss but Jellico would have been better if they had played,

were they sick or something? I know that jellico is come a long ways but why doesn't the fans come and support those kids. Having a good start on the season I thought that there would be more people there than there was. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Those 8 kids skipped practice from what I hear.  Coach Buckner did the right thing in sitting them.  The old coaches at Jellico wouldn't have bothered.

Fans don't support Jellico because they can't afford the gas or they just plain don't care.  Nobody in that area cares about football.  Not even the kids' parents or half the kids on the team.  I had family who played there a few years ago.  Half the kids couldn't even get their own parents to show up to senior night. 

Jellico will always have a hard time getting kids out because of how spread out the community is and how poor or just plain sorry the parents are.  Lots more boys would play but they don't have any way to practice in the summer or any way home once school starts.  Jellico's a different kind of place.