Upperman@grundy

Jackets86

So...you'd rather have a popularity contest decide who runs your school system??? Elect a School Board that represents the needs and wants of your communities and let them appoint your Director...that way the Director has someone to answer to for his/her decisions and actions.

Elect a Superintendent and for the next four years that person has carte blanch to do as he/she wishes with no consequences. You cast a vote for School Board Representative just as you would for Superintendent...chances are that your board member is more well known to you and your neighbors, and more willing to sit down with the public and explain decisions or listen to your concerns.

No I'd rather have a system of checks and balances. I can only vote for 1 school board member and have 0 say over the other 8.' So your suggestion that we elect qualified members is a wash considering I can only support a single member.Which itself is just as you said a popularity contest. The current one is nothing more the on a patsy for a group of unqualified individuals, and is related to one of the school board members if I'm not mistaken.. I'd rather have the oppurtunity to find a qualified individual.

An elected superintendent doesn't mean the person is an all powerful individual, they're only allowed to operate by bylaws set in place by the school board. They just won't fear losing their job when they have to do the right thing.

No I'd rather have a system of checks and balances. I can only vote for 1 school board member and have 0 say over the other 8.' So your suggestion that we elect qualified members is a wash considering I can only support a single member.Which itself is just as you said a popularity contest. The current one is nothing more the on a patsy for a group of unqualified individuals, and is related to one of the school board members if I'm not mistaken.. I'd rather have the oppurtunity to find a qualified individual.

An elected superintendent doesn't mean the person is an all powerful individual, they're only allowed to operate by bylaws set in place by the school board. They just won't fear losing their job when they have to do the right thing.

We all only have one person on our district that can be on the board..that's just how it is..we got a new board full of members let's give them time and our trust to make the proper changes they need to make..and if you want to see changes I recommend going to the monthly school board meetings

Thought you knowledgeable guys would enjoy this link. Basic says it all about our program.

http://www.tennprepdb.com/teamhomeseasons.aspx?Team1=Grundy%20County

Ill comment on grundy since there is never anything about whitwell. After looking at these numbers, Pickett won 55%, Colquett won 65%, Bryant won 50%, Swafford won 10%, Brewer won 32%. Bryant took over after a 2-8, 2-8, 1-8 season and won 5, 6, 6, 5, 4, 4. Bryant wasn't as good as Ken but definitely equal to the other previous 6. And a lot better than 2-12 headed for 2-18! P.S thanks for the win that's the only one we may get.

Word on the street today is Wingo is coming to WHS. You might get some Whitwell talk then bc our coach doesn't want him going. He might pull out all the stops.

Ill comment on grundy since there is never anything about whitwell. After looking at these numbers, Pickett won 55%, Colquett won 65%, Bryant won 50%, Swafford won 10%, Brewer won 32%. Bryant took over after a 2-8, 2-8, 1-8 season and won 5, 6, 6, 5, 4, 4. Bryant wasn't as good as Ken but definitely equal to the other previous 6. And a lot better than 2-12 headed for 2-18! P.S thanks for the win that's the only one we may get.

We figure you all at Whitvegas need to share in the drama. The Director in MC will take care of his WHS, so don't worry about the drama. You all or SP will get him. No recruiting needed bc these kids are wanting to leave.

We don't need any players or drama. Grundy, Marion, and South Pitt can keep it. Our backs are pretty good and they'll be back next year.

We figure you all at Whitvegas need to share in the drama. The Director in MC will take care of his WHS, so don't worry about the drama. You all or SP will get him. No recruiting needed bc these kids are wanting to leave.

What makes you think he could start on any Marion county team? I believe Grundy has 2 backs with more yards per carry than the player we are talking about.

What makes you think he could start on any Marion county team? I believe Grundy has 2 backs with more yards per carry than the player we are talking about.