Upperman@grundy

Jackets86

We got kids now in this county that won't play sports because they live to far away from the high school..I guarantee you that if we were to open up Tracy city high school that the kids could walk to and from school and a lot more would play sports because it's closer for them..except for the kids that live in Pelham or half of coalmont or monteagle those kids would have to drive but it still would be a closer ride for them depending on what part of the cities they live in..this is how our region would most likely look

1. South Pitt

2. South Grundy

3. North Grundy

4. Whitwell

5. Lookout valley

6. Sale creek

7. Copper basin

8. Possible grace baptist if they don't go D2..now tell me exactly how we wouldn't or couldn't finish in the top 3 with both schools almost year after year..I see for sure Atleast 4-6 possibly 7 region wins for atleast one of our high schools..could u imagine both north and south Grundy coming first and second in the region and a playoff spot in the easiest region in the state..and a possibility to go deep in the playoffs and possibly win state..I look at that region and I promise you that region looks a heck of a lot better then this proposed region we could be in next year

1. Signal mountain

2. East ridge

3. Howard

4. Sequatchie

5. Bledsoe

6. Grundy

Which region looks a lot better for our schools? Possible 5-5 in 3A year or a possible 8-2 in 1A year after year..gives me goosebumps thinkin bout it

Edited by Jackets86

Jacket86 you have put a lot of thought into this for sure. Not trying to bring you down but why would Monteagle want a new school at Armory. They are and always have been a Marion County school. And what revenue do you see coming from Monteagle?

Monteagle generates more revenue then any city in the county..I had the same problem coming up with the monteagle Tracy city merger..just the kids that live on the Grundy county side would attend the Tracy city monteagle merger..most of the kids that attend monteagle are from Marion county anyways..and I just stated near the armory because it's really bout half way..really any kid that lives in Grundy county should go to a Grundy county school they could build the school on summer field road or over by south Cumberland state park or they could just add on 30 more rooms to the elementary school and make it a k-12

Edited by Jackets86

In doing all of this Big 8 basketball would still be around..7-12th grade could all play on the same team if you wanted..like Chattanooga arts and science who had a 7th grader play on their basketball team because he was that good stayed playing from 7-12th grade..Coaches would have better opportunities to mold each player into their system in all sports because they are starting with them at such a young age..

Then u would have north Grundy Jackets..south Grundy miners.lol purple an gold on the north black and silver in the south..maybe then with the split of the county parents on the north end would support a peewee football team..I think they would..talkin bout bragging rights to man..gosh this would be one of the craziest rivalries in the state I do believe..

Edited by Jackets86

Ok again not trying to rain on your parade but here's the facts:

Businesses on GC side of town Dr office, Builder Supply, Financial Co., Pawn shop, Bank, MacD/gas station, Sonic, WH, 2 motels, Fred's, mount outfitters and DG

MC side Mex rest, Pizza Hut auto parts / garage Smoke House, Amish Hippie, gas station, Pig, New Mexican rest, Hardee's, Subway, liquor store, gas station, flee market, used car lot, Papa Ron's, CVS, Reality office, flower shop, barber shop, Monteagle Inn, Mountain Goat, beauty shop, Daves Modern Tavern, insurance co, beUty shop, dentist office, doctors office, chiropractic iffice, Family Dollar, Dr office, Bank, High Point, Bank, Chinese Rest, Monteagle Silo, Rocky Top Rest, Truck shop and towing, gas station, cafe 135, Hess/Wendy's motel and towing company.

So large revenue goes to MC not GC.

I know things have been said about 1 Monteagle kid going to SP but reality is there are several who chose to go to SP and MC. But I guess because they don't play sport and were looking for a better education they don't count. You only matter if you are a ball player. I know MC has made a big push in the last several years to get these kids to MC schools after all they have invested a lot of money in their education from preschool to 8th grade. And parents have found it just as easy to drive 15 to 20 minutes down I -24 than 30 to 35 out to Coalmont.

I know your passionate about 2 schools for GC. I just can't see it happening in reality within the next 20 or so years. There's a whole lot more to it than just opening the doors to old high school. This will take some long term planning. But that's just my thoughts.

Ok again not trying to rain on your parade but here's the facts:

Businesses on GC side of town Dr office, Builder Supply, Financial Co., Pawn shop, Bank, MacD/gas station, Sonic, WH, 2 motels, Fred's, mount outfitters and DG

MC side Mex rest, Pizza Hut auto parts / garage Smoke House, Amish Hippie, gas station, Pig, New Mexican rest, Hardee's, Subway, liquor store, gas station, flee market, used car lot, Papa Ron's, CVS, Reality office, flower shop, barber shop, Monteagle Inn, Mountain Goat, beauty shop, Daves Modern Tavern, insurance co, beUty shop, dentist office, doctors office, chiropractic iffice, Family Dollar, Dr office, Bank, High Point, Bank, Chinese Rest, Monteagle Silo, Rocky Top Rest, Truck shop and towing, gas station, cafe 135, Hess/Wendy's motel and towing company.

So large revenue goes to MC not GC.

I know things have been said about 1 Monteagle kid going to SP but reality is there are several who chose to go to SP and MC. But I guess because they don't play sport and were looking for a better education they don't count. You only matter if you are a ball player. I know MC has made a big push in the last several years to get these kids to MC schools after all they have invested a lot of money in their education from preschool to 8th grade. And parents have found it just as easy to drive 15 to 20 minutes down I -24 than 30 to 35 out to Coalmont.

I know your passionate about 2 schools for GC. I just can't see it happening in reality within the next 20 or so years. There's a whole lot more to it than just opening the doors to old high school. This will take some long term planning. But that's just my thoughts.

I'm not just talking about sports because sports get u no where in life unless u go pro..but from am education standpoint and athletic stand point it all makes sense to do it..the classrooms would have roughly 20 kids per class instead of 35+..we could also offer more vocational classes including industrial maintenance which would prolly be the only schools in our area that offer that..that's 365 extra mins a kid gets with their teacher per year then 180 minutes per year with 30+ kids..our test scores would rise our teachers would be less stressed and from an athletic standpoint we could really be competitive year in and year out..

And yes the kids would rather drive 20 mins down the interstate to Marion county not because the school is that much better but because they don't want to deal with the crap out at coalmont..that being said if we turn the Tracy city elementary into a high school I believe that more kids would stay in county then venture off the mountain..