Upperman@grundy

Jackets86

Those are mental mistakes. Have 0 to do with the talent level of kids. They're a matter of repetition and discipline. Having 10 guys on the field 1 play and 12 2 plays later in game 4 is the sort of thing you fix week 1-2....

I agree 100% on that..yes there are still mistakes that need to be improved..mistakes that shouldn't happen to a group of sophomore players and a sophomore head coach..but I can assure you that these boys will come to play Friday night against upperman..they have improved greatly on a lot of things but there will always be things to improve on..no different when coach Bryant was coaching or coach Pickett or coach colquitt there is always going to be growing pains with young players but next year we field an almost entire junior team and we should just flat dominate whatever region we go to..Watertown wasn't a tough team they were the same as whitwell

Kids like being disciplined by winners.... It's not like they're leaving and falling into the wind. Hogan Holland made a big time play last night and his name will be one people in the valley will still be talking about 10 years from now. Houston signed to play ball with Maryville. The MS kid Sanders is absolutely rolling over people.

I agree part of the system and its current state is half the problem. I've always said Grundy County has suffered from "blue crab syndrome". However the other half is a serious lack of experience in a great deal of key positions. Administration to the head of coaching staff.

To be honest, GCs staff, administration and school board should have went a head and took that tour of MCHS's facilities and program. Their sports program resembles a small colleges. It's not just football either. They're ahead of us in every aspect , provide clearer access to resources, have a wider curriculum for academics , provide a wider range of sports and yet they're a smaller school....

Clear cut example, Grundy County should provide a track team for its student athletes. Are we going to win a track championship ????? No but it's a sport that costs almost nothing and provides athletes with a way to hone fundamental aspects of being a better athlete, running, explosiveness, and power.

Why don't we have a power lifting team ??? Another sport that costs almost nothing and provides a competitive environment for our athletes to compete with one another and other people in the area.

I could go on for days...

This is a well written post. We are behind.

Kids like being disciplined by winners.... It's not like they're leaving and falling into the wind. Hogan Holland made a big time play last night and his name will be one people in the valley will still be talking about 10 years from now. Houston signed to play ball with Maryville. The MS kid Sanders is absolutely rolling over people.

I agree part of the system and its current state is half the problem. I've always said Grundy County has suffered from "blue crab syndrome". However the other half is a serious lack of experience in a great deal of key positions. Administration to the head of coaching staff.

To be honest, GCs staff, administration and school board should have went a head and took that tour of MCHS's facilities and program. Their sports program resembles a small colleges. It's not just football either. They're ahead of us in every aspect , provide clearer access to resources, have a wider curriculum for academics , provide a wider range of sports and yet they're a smaller school....

Clear cut example, Grundy County should provide a track team for its student athletes. Are we going to win a track championship ????? No but it's a sport that costs almost nothing and provides athletes with a way to hone fundamental aspects of being a better athlete, running, explosiveness, and power.

Why don't we have a power lifting team ??? Another sport that costs almost nothing and provides a competitive environment for our athletes to compete with one another and other people in the area.

I could go on for days...

watertown is a good team, ranked in top 10 2a football. The SP qb wasnt playing football when he left. Is dunlap kid still playing at college? Grundy has a support problem but no lack of finger pointers. County is divided, so is Marion but they all have their own school/team. No support = poor ball. Grundy is full of people ready to blame and point, or worse run to rival schools. Sounds like a destination any quality coach is looking for.

Kids like being diciplined by winners. Which comes first the dicipline or the winning? If dicipline then they were diciplined by unproven coaches, if winning then coach won with undiciplined players. If kids are committed they will accept dicipline, if they are not committed either committ or quit. Kids like being diciplined by winners. Yea, kids like alot of stuff, doesnt mean its going to happen. Kids hearing trrash talk about coaches and other players is also very negative. Grundy about the adults not the kids. Yall dont like any coach. Never check yourselves, always blaming and making excuses

The SP kid obviously still wanted to play football, denying the fact that the staff was going after him and had seriously expections that he was going to play ball is trying to deny reality. I don't see how Houston still playing ball has anything to do with signing a LOI, my point stands kid left, and was successful elsewhere obviously.

I got news for you, without a serious exploration into how other schools produce success, and a serious AD and school board, the Prices, Wiggins, and Bargers of the world won't come to the mountian for the simple fact that either can't be afforded or they won't be offered the job, because that guy who showed up bare handed and in khakis was offered the job over the other two who showed up with suits and concrete plans on how to fix the situation.

Two schools and all the sunshine pumpers in the county won't change that fact...

Someone else pointed it out... I'm going to point it out too... I didn't say anything on here for 7 years, until this week. I've read everything the entire time.

​Pot meet kettle, because when it comes to excuse makers and finger pointers. You're up at the top of that list on here.

​Everytime someone points out an inefficency here in the county you point fingers at everyone else for their lack of support or whatever it is. 

​Take some of your own medicine , grab your britches pull them up, and be a man.  

Edited by Grundyplayer