Upperman@grundy

Jackets86

0 money to do that, and doesn't solve the lack of experience problem. So now you have 2 bad sports programs instead of 1. Not to mention, I'm not sure where all the money for a new team field etc etc etc is going to come from.

A good pair of shoulder pads is a couple hundred bucks. A good helmet, another couple.

We wouldn't need a new field we would use the old high school field..and there is money there is always money just got to find it..and there is plenty of pads at the old high school that are in use today..The first couple years would be down but after that it would greatly improve the county

Those pads are old peices of junk, and would be a safety hazard. Half the ones in the current field house are the same way. Fact is if we had 70 players out next week. We wouldn't have enough pads to outfit them all.

The field itself isn't in bad condition, but the stands and High school around it are archaic...

So the pads we use for all football teams in Grundy county minus the high school are in bad shape? Then why are we letting our kids where them? There are a lot of programs out there that donate pads and helmets to schools that need it including grants..truth is u from north Grundy and you know south Grundy would dominate this county every year in everything including academically

Youre suggesting we use pee wee pads to outfit a high school football team ??? The Junior Jackets pads were 2nd rate hand me downs from the high school. I wore some of those pads in high school....

Truth is I just have a firmer grasp of reality here, and no grandiose delusions that a county that can barely afford one school should somehow be able to run two.

Edited by Grundyplayer

I got caught up on the reading again. Did you guys look at the link that I left. Last 20+ years around .500 record with a few good years mixed in. Apparently no one knows the winning formula. Jackets86 had some decent ideas on two schools. If we did that it was shake up the Grundy but deep down people would love it. Far as the equipment and things like that. You would see the business around Tracy start backing the program again since the move to Coalmont. Tracy City died when the high school left and L@L took off. My point is money wouldn't be a problem on getting started up from a equipment stand point.

Youre suggesting we use pee wee pads to outfit a high school football team ??? The Junior Jackets pads were 2nd rate hand me downs from the high school. I wore some of those pads in high school....

Truth is I just have a firmer grasp of reality here, and no grandiose delusions that a county that can barely afford one school should somehow be able to run two.

I don't think that you are reading my entire post..I said there are a lot of grants that could help us..the only team that would need pads would be south Grundy..and it's not delusional at all..I'm sure the people in Fayetteville thought the same thing before their school was built..or signal mountain thought it too..that being said there is a lot of wasteful money spent in this county that could be used towards a south Grundy high school..people on this end of the county want one..I've done my research I've talked to over 30 teachers in and out of the county and they all agree smaller classrooms are better..whitwell doesn't have nearly as much as our county as a whole has and look at them they got their own high school in a county that has 4 high schools..we can do it..instead of giving everybody on here the bad next post u out I ask that you give me 10 reasons why it would work..nothing is impossible if you actually want it to happen..

I got caught up on the reading again. Did you guys look at the link that I left. Last 20+ years around .500 record with a few good years mixed in. Apparently no one knows the winning formula. Jackets86 had some decent ideas on two schools. If we did that it was shake up the Grundy but deep down people would love it. Far as the equipment and things like that. You would see the business around Tracy start backing the program again since the move to Coalmont. Tracy City died when the high school left and L@L took off. My point is money wouldn't be a problem on getting started up from a equipment stand point.

Your absolutely correct..I think the towns would really get back into supporting both high schools..big 8 ball would still be just as big and it would give more kids the opportunity to play just because they don't have to drive as far..10 mins from Pelham to Tracy or Pelham to coalmont..5 mins from monteagle to Tracy..over all it makes more sense to do it..there are tons of kids who would play ball if they had a way to and from school which would bring athlete numbers up in both schools