Dyersburg at Liberty

hogman49

That was top 10 material. Evidently no one can read these days. I never said Liberty's coaches were bad. Just like our coaches they are decent coaches. What I will stand by is if you give Counce Sr or Morris 2 years at Liberty with the talent I saw last night , NOBODY in 3A would beat them.

Weve only lost once at the 3a level Trojan...CPA was very good

I know you guys think the talent level is high just bc some site says we have 5 d1 guys...but we normally send 8-10 players on to the next level to play, not d1...so in my eyes we don't have the talent that we are accustomed to...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weve only lost once at the 3a level Trojan...CPA was very good

I know you guys think the talent level is high just bc some site says we have 5 d1 guys...but we normally send 8-10 players on to the next level to play, not d1...so in my eyes we don't have the talent that we are accustomed to...

The talent level is high based upon what other 3a teams have. That is what we are trying to tell you. It is irrelevant to what they had in the past. Still way more talent than 95% of the teams in 3a and that makes you far more than above average.

That was top 10 material. Evidently no one can read these days. I never said Liberty's coaches were bad. Just like our coaches they are decent coaches. What I will stand by is if you give Counce Sr or Morris 2 years at Liberty with the talent I saw last night , NOBODY in 3A would beat them.

I respect Morris as much as anyone on these threads but liberty wouldn't be as dynamic offensively with him there

Don't believe a word of that. Might surprise you what dyersburg  could do with Libertys coaches

You didn't watch the same game I did. #4 had all he wanted in the first half. Didn't carry it that much in the second. Other back was hittin the hole harder anyway.

. Liberty did slow him down in second half but did not completely stop him. You must have been getting more popcorn when he had the 40 yard run and ran over the safety who is going to Memphis.

Don't compare Morris to Counce, I know they both have two state championships but Counce is a better coach. This years Milan team has just as much talent as Liberty but Liberty will win again. 

Edited by TrojanTrain

Don't compare Morris to Counce, I know they both have two state championships but Counce is a better coach. This years Milan team has just as much talent as Liberty but Liberty will win again.

This Milan team is just as talented because the coaches got them there. Milan brought back a lot of kids from a team that got smoked at home twice by Liberty. And all those D1 recruits Liberty has were there last year as well minus the Ballard kid.

Milan coaches made it a priority to close the gap on Liberty over the offseason and they have pretty much done it. I would say Morris has done a dang good job. And only losing by 3 on the road to Liberty showed the improvement. Now we need to finish the deal next time.

This Milan team is just as talented because the coaches got them there. Milan brought back a lot of kids from a team that got smoked at home twice by Liberty. And all those D1 recruits Liberty has were there last year as well minus the Ballard kid.

Milan coaches made it a priority to close the gap on Liberty over the offseason and they have pretty much done it. I would say Morris has done a dang good job. And only losing by 3 on the road to Liberty showed the improvement. Now we need to finish the deal next time.

You make some good points and I do think he is a good coach. That Left Tackle is actually not as good as he is being recruited. He is mainly being recruited based on projection,he has not been developed great in my opinion. I also don't think Morris has had good plans against Liberty and in the past CAK and CPA.  

Edited by TrojanTrain